Author Topic: CFACT to Feds: Wind turbine survey cuts off whale migration corridor  (Read 142 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
CFACT to Feds: Wind turbine survey cuts off whale migration corridor
By Craig Rucker |May 2nd, 2023|22 Comments

The Biden Administration is preparing to rush approval for the Atlantic Shores offshore wind project, which is located approximately 10-20 miles off the coast of New Jersey between Atlantic City and Barnegat Light, despite the risk it poses to marine mammals — particularly the severely endangered right whale.

They are poised to allow NOAA (the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) to grant Atlantic Shores Offshore Wind the right to harass, and potentially kill through a generous IHA (Incidental CFACT to Feds: Wind turbine survey cuts off whale migration corridorHarassment Authorization) permit, the following numbers of marine mammals:

42 Whales
2,534 Dolphins
142 Porpoises
1,472 Seals
Total = 4,190 adversely impacted marine mammals

CFACT just submitted a detailed comment to NOAA opposing this authorization and urging them to pay attention to the potential harm that could be wrought on the natural world.

https://www.cfact.org/2023/05/02/cfact-to-feds-wind-turbine-survey-cuts-off-whale-migration-corridor/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=cfact-to-feds-wind-turbine-survey-cuts-off-whale-migration-corridor&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=cfact-to-feds-wind-turbine-survey-cuts-off-whale-migration-corridor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson