Author Topic: Europe’s Prince Of Private Jets: EU Council President Charles Michel’s 700,000 Euros For Flights  (Read 133 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Europe’s Prince Of Private Jets: EU Council President Charles Michel’s 700,000 Euros For Flights
By P Gosselin on 25. April 2023

Preach water, guzzle wine by the gallon.

That seems to be what Belgian EU Council President Charles Michel preaches to Europeans as they struggle to pay their ever increasing energy bills.

The Prince of Private Jets, climate hypocrisy. 700,000 euros of taxpayer money spent on private jet flights, some to climate conferences. EU Council President Charles Michel. Image: CC BY 2.0, Wikipedia.

France’s Le Monde news daily reports on how EU Council President Charles Michel “spent a staggering 700,000 euros on private jet flights last year.”

Short city-hops “in true bourgeois style”

Germany’s online Pleiteticker here reacts: “For while he pleads for climate protection in Brussels, he himself flies for an unbelievable 700,000 euros by private jet, even the shortest distances, such as Brussels-Paris.”

“At least 700,000 euros are said to be spent on flights with private jets from the company ‘Luxaviation’ alone, Pleiteticker adds. “In true bourgeois style, he wants even more money next year for even more flights.”

https://notrickszone.com/2023/04/25/europes-prince-of-private-jets-eu-council-president-charles-michels-700000-euros-for-flights/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson