Author Topic: FORCE STRUCTURE CHANGES AHEAD  (Read 87 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
FORCE STRUCTURE CHANGES AHEAD
« on: May 02, 2023, 08:02:48 pm »
FORCE STRUCTURE CHANGES AHEAD

Tue, 05/02/2023 - 12:00

The Army is “largely on track” with its transformation priorities, with some restructuring of the force required to be ready to fight and win future wars, Army leaders told the Senate Appropriations defense subcommittee.

Continuing recruiting challenges make this a complicated and necessary adjustment, they said.

In their fourth and final congressional hearing focused on the Army’s current posture and the fiscal 2024 budget, Army Secretary Christine Wormuth, who testified alongside Army Chief of Staff Gen. James McConville, acknowledged that recruiting is a problem with wide implications.

“We are seeing improvements in our recruiting situation over last year,” she said at the May 2 hearing, but the Army likely won’t meet its recruiting target this year. The Army missed it goal last year as well, by about 15,000 recruits.

https://www.ausa.org/news/force-structure-changes-ahead
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: FORCE STRUCTURE CHANGES AHEAD
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2023, 08:04:40 pm »
  The Army is “largely on track” with its transformation priorities

Translated:  They are losing their asses and are hopelessly behind. 13859
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson