Author Topic: It’s Really Not That Hard To Understand  (Read 64 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
It’s Really Not That Hard To Understand
« on: May 02, 2023, 07:37:31 pm »
It’s Really Not That Hard To Understand
By Tom Burbage
April 29, 2023
Views: 2716

Public Domain
Too much of our national debate these days are hyper critical of “the other side”. The negative debate that happens every day, non-stop, in the news and the partisan attacks on anyone that ‘doesn’t think like me’ has a corrosive effect on rational thinking. It reinforces the divisive battle lines that drive a wedge between our ability to debate and compromise which have forever been fundamental keys to our Constitution and our form of government. So, don’t tell me what’s wrong with the other side’s talking points, tell me what you stand for.

My father’s generation and many in my generation fought and died for a certain set of principles that reinforced the wisdom of our founding fathers and the Constitution that formed the foundation of the world’s greatest nation. Excuse us if we see a challenge to those ideals and sacrifices. Sometimes we need a reminder internally as to why we are OK with getting off the golf course or missing the weekly stretching class and committing our remaining days to some easily defined objective. Sometimes, complex objectives become endless debates and none of us are good debaters at this point. It makes it easier to understand in my feeble mind if I know why we are doing this.

So, who are ‘we’ and what are we for?

‘We’ is a community of like-minded citizens that believe there has been a not so sudden erosion of the constitutional fundamentals that define who ‘we’ are. Left unchecked, we believe our nation is on a path to a very different place in the world. Three unique American fundamental pillars have always been Faith, Family and Patriotism. Unquestionably, all three are currently under attack from the domestic enemy within.

https://armedforces.press/its-really-not-that-hard-to-understand/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson