Author Topic: Dem mayors: Stop blaming Texas for migrant woes — it’s on Biden!  (Read 106 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

New York Post
Dem mayors: Stop blaming Texas for migrant woes — it’s on Biden!
Opinion by Andrew Arthur • Yesterday 7:03 PM

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot chastised Texas Gov. Greg Abbott over his most recent plan to bus migrants out of his state. Lightfoot derides Abbott’s busing plan as an “inhumane and dangerous action,” but her complaints are misdirected:

Abbott’s not to blame for the migrants who are drawing down Chicago’s resources — President Biden is.

Since taking office, Joe Biden has released more than two million Southwest border migrants. That’s a population of individuals larger than 14 U.S. states, and a figure that doesn’t include nearly a million other “got aways,” aliens who have entered illegally and evaded overwhelmed Border Patrol agents since the start of FY 2022.

Texas has borne the brunt of that migrant surge. Of the 2.2 million-plus aliens apprehended by agents at the U.S.-Mexico line last fiscal year (an all-time record), nearly two-thirds — more than 63% — were caught in one of Border Patrol’s five Texas sectors.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/dem-mayors-stop-blaming-texas-for-migrant-woes-it-s-on-biden/ar-AA1aByRB?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=8563aa5185e44a64b939120a541c67af&ei=182
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline berdie

Translated Lightfoot speak: Hey, Abbott! Keep those people down there! I know we said we are a sanctuary city, but we really, really don't mean it. So just deal with it and keep it out of here.