Author Topic: “The Unpopular Truth” Trues Up “Clean” Energy  (Read 130 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
“The Unpopular Truth” Trues Up “Clean” Energy
« on: May 02, 2023, 07:06:30 pm »
“The Unpopular Truth” Trues Up “Clean” Energy
By Allen Brooks -- April 28, 2023

To understand the massive misunderstanding of the fundamentals of energy and electricity, Lars Schernikau discussed the conclusions reached from 70 interviews over three years with various ministries, governmental economic organizations, universities, industrial conglomerates along with energy think tanks…. “The overarching theme from these interviews,” he found, “was a lack of understanding of the true full cost of electricity and the continued misuse of the marginal cost measure LCOE to compare the cost of variable ‘renewables’ with conventional sources of power.” 

I recently finished reading The Unpopular Truth: about Electricity and the Future of Energy by Dr. Lars Schernikau and Professor William Hayden Smith.  The authors address how the energy market works rather than how the mainstream media, environmental activists, and policymakers portray it.

Not surprisingly, the book explores the misunderstandings of policymakers and their advisors about the workings of the electricity and energy systems.  These misunderstandings have led to, and if not changed will continue leading to, expensive and less reliable power.  At the same time, these policies do less to decarbonize the world’s economy than policymakers believe, while reducing the future wealth and living standards of the world’s population.

https://www.masterresource.org/book-review/unpopular-truth-book/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson