Author Topic: Al Franken blasts Supreme Court: It’s ‘illegitimate’  (Read 510 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Al Franken blasts Supreme Court: It’s ‘illegitimate’
by Julia Mueller - 05/01/23 2:43 PM ET

“The court is a very divisive entity now, institution right now. And the Supreme Court, to me, is illegitimate,” Franken said on “The Al Franken Podcast” in conversation with The Washington Post’s Dan Balz.

​​Former Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) is calling the Supreme Court “illegitimate” and Chief Justice John Roberts a “villain,” citing a number of controversies surrounding the nation’s highest court.

Franked resigned from the Senate in 2017 amid sexual harassment allegations.

He referenced the controversial confirmation of Justice Amy Coney Barrett, a Trump nominee, and the court’s decision last summer to overturn Roe v. Wade.

“The way they didn’t take up [Obama nominee Merrick] Garland and on saying, ‘It’s an election year,’ and then they, of course, put in Coney Barrett like eight days before the election. Then, of course, Dobbs and abortion.”

Balz said the court has “lost credibility” and has become “seen increasingly as one more partisan institution,” though he noted Roberts has tried to counter that perception.

more
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/3981944-al-franken-blasts-supreme-court-its-illegitimate/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: Al Franken blasts Supreme Court: It’s ‘illegitimate’
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2023, 01:27:15 pm »
Tell us you know nothing about the branches of government, Al, without actually admitting you know nothing about the branches of government.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2023, 01:37:35 pm »
One thing you can say about Al....  He's a hands-on kinda guy.....

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2023, 01:58:07 pm »
Libs/dems are certainly playing with fire here.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2023, 02:17:05 pm »
Didn't Democrats do this to Bork in the 80's as well?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2023, 02:22:38 pm »
The adventures Wascally Al....

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2023, 02:32:26 pm »
The adventures Wascally Al....

Al likes to be spanked and have his diapers changed.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.