Author Topic: Bad Things Happen When ‘Unaccompanied Alien Children’ Are Unidentified Adults  (Read 147 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Bad Things Happen When ‘Unaccompanied Alien Children’ Are Unidentified Adults
May 01, 2023

Last week’s congressional hearing on exploitation of Unaccompanied Alien Children (UACs) touched briefly on the sketchy vetting process that ushers them into this country. Rep. John Rutherford, R-Fla., is going deeper for answers.

Though not a member of the House Judiciary Subcommittee on Immigration Integrity, Security and Enforcement, Rutherford is determined to find out exactly how the Border Patrol handles adult migrants who claim to be minors. The Jacksonville congressman has a particular interest in this after a 24-year-old Honduran man posing as a UAC killed a resident in his district.

“The [Border Patrol’s] default position seems to be, ‘If you can’t figure out who they are, let them in,’” Rutherford says. “It’s just unacceptable to me that somebody gets to come to America, comes across the border illegally, and we have no idea who they are.”

https://www.fairus.org/blog/2023/05/01/bad-things-happen-when-unaccompanied-alien-children-are-unidentified-adults
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson