Author Topic: White House Caves: Joe Biden Asks Kevin McCarthy to Negotiate Debt Limit  (Read 248 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House Caves: Joe Biden Asks Kevin McCarthy to Negotiate Debt Limit

Wendell Husebø 1 May 2023

President Joe Biden on Monday finally requested that House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) negotiate the debt limit during a meeting to be held on May 9 to avoid default, a move that contradicted the White House’s previous official position.

While traveling in Israel, McCarthy received a call from Biden to schedule a meeting to negotiate raising the debt limit after days of stonewalling tactics, Punchbowl News reported.

“We are not negotiating on this,” White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said Thursday. “We’ve been very clear on this.”

On Wednesday, McCarthy and House Republicans passed a bill to raise the debt limit. Reports indicated the Biden administration was taken by surprise when McCarthy successfully passed the bill. McCarthy’s unpredicted victory apparently left the Biden administration flat-footed.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/05/01/white-house-caves-joe-biden-asks-kevin-mccarthy-negotiate-debt-limit/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

I'll believe it when I see it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline bilo

The problem is the House left very little room to negotiate because the bill they passed was reasonable. Now they will end up giving up too much. Unless of course the 87,000 IRS agents don't need to be eliminated.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline libertybele

Ditto.