Author Topic: U.S. military is tracking another mysterious balloon  (Read 888 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
U.S. military is tracking another mysterious balloon
« on: May 01, 2023, 07:48:00 pm »
U.S. military is tracking another mysterious balloon
The military has determined that it poses no threat to aerial traffic or national security, but it's not clear what it is or whom it belongs to, officials said.

May 1, 2023, 1:56 PM CDT
By Courtney Kube and Carol E. Lee

The U.S. military is tracking a mysterious balloon that flew over American soil, but it’s not clear what it is or whom it belongs to, according to three U.S. officials.

The object flew across portions of Hawaii but did not go over any sensitive areas, the officials said.

The U.S. military has been tracking it since late last week and has determined that it poses no threat to aerial traffic or national security and is not communicating signals, one official said.

It's not clear if it's a weather balloon or something else, the official said, adding that the U.S. could still shoot it down if it nears land.

The object, which does not appear to have maneuverability, is moving slowly toward Mexico, the officials said.

U.S. officials do not believe the balloon belongs to the Chinese, but they are still working to identify the owner.

more
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-military-tracking-another-mysterious-balloon-rcna82300
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline berdie

Re: U.S. military is tracking another mysterious balloon
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2023, 09:59:32 pm »
This is all so odd to me. Like a bad movie.

I really don't care where it's going. If it's in our space and unidentified....shoot..it...down.

(you may not want to vote for me for president :silly:)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2023, 10:13:55 pm »
The U.S. military is tracking a mysterious balloon that flew over American soil, but it’s not clear what it is or whom it belongs to, according to three U.S. officials.

The object flew across portions of Hawaii but did not go over any sensitive areas, the officials said.

The U.S. military has been tracking it since late last week and has determined that it poses no threat to aerial traffic or national security and is not communicating signals, one official said.

It's not clear if it's a weather balloon or something else, the official said, adding that the U.S. could still shoot it down if it nears land.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-military-tracking-another-mysterious-balloon-rcna82300
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2023, 10:14:03 pm »
Breaking
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2023, 10:55:43 pm »
Our Government knows exactly who it belongs too...you would have thought they would stick to the truth after all the lies they spewed with the last balloon....shoot it down!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2023, 11:22:49 pm »
OSINTdefender
@sentdefender
The U.S. Department of Defense has announced that a High-Altitude Balloon from an “Unknown Country” was recently Detected in the Airspace over the Hawaiian Islands with it currently heading in the direction of the U.S. West Coast.
The Balloon has been Tracked by the U.S. Military since late last week and does not currently pose a Threat to National Security or Commercial Air Traffic; although it is being considered whether it should be Shot Down before it reaches the U.S. Mainland.
4:57 PM · May 1, 2023

How on earth would they know it doesn't pose a threat. Give me a break.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Mod2

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2023, 11:24:39 pm »
Threads merged

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2023, 11:25:59 pm »
OSINTdefender
@sentdefender
The U.S. Department of Defense has announced that a High-Altitude Balloon from an “Unknown Country” was recently Detected in the Airspace over the Hawaiian Islands with it currently heading in the direction of the U.S. West Coast.
The Balloon has been Tracked by the U.S. Military since late last week and does not currently pose a Threat to National Security or Commercial Air Traffic; although it is being considered whether it should be Shot Down before it reaches the U.S. Mainland.
4:57 PM · May 1, 2023

How on earth would they know it doesn't pose a threat. Give me a break.

It must have a smiley face on the side.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2023, 07:36:21 am »
If it gets shot down over land, it might be a little easier to find the bits and figure out whose it was and what it was doing.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2023, 11:19:27 am »
Brandon will get right on it. Our national security is of great importance to him and the communists at the White House.  **nononono*

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2023, 11:34:52 am »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2023, 01:47:36 pm »
 U.S. won’t shoot down balloon spotted off coast of Hawaii

The balloon did not float over any sensitive government sites, a Defense Department spokesperson said.

By Kelly Garrity

05/01/2023 06:36 PM EDT

After monitoring an unmanned balloon spotted off the coast of Hawaii over the weekend, U.S. officials have determined that “no action need be taken” to remove the mysterious unmanned object.

The Defense Department and the Federal Aviation Authority first spotted the object April 28, a DoD spokesperson said Monday. Though it is unclear whom the object belongs to, it did not appear that it was controlled by “a foreign or adversarial actor,” the spokesperson said.

“Based on these observations, the Secretary of Defense concurred with the recommendation of his military commanders that no action need be taken against the balloon,” the spokesperson said.

The balloon was flying at an altitude of 36,000 feet, and did not float over any sensitive government sites, or pose a threat to anyone on the ground.

more
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/05/01/balloon-spotted-off-coast-of-hawaii-00094745
Support the USO

Online mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2023, 01:35:12 pm »
Funny how this story disappeared. Anything more recent than this?
The balloon that flew over Hawaii? US says it's not China's
The Defense Department and the Federal Aviation Administration have been tracking a balloon that was flying off the coast of Hawaii last week
ByLOLITA C. BALDOR Associated Press
May 2, 2023, 12:41 PM
ABC News

WASHINGTON -- The Defense Department and the Federal Aviation Administration have been tracking a balloon that was flying off the coast of Hawaii last week, but a defense official said Tuesday there's no indication it is connected to China or any other adversary, and it presents no threats to aviation or national security. ...
Gee, forgive me if I don't believe anything coming from the Biden Defense Dept.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2023, 04:25:15 pm »
Funny how this story disappeared. Anything more recent than this?Gee, forgive me if I don't believe anything coming from the Biden Defense Dept.
How about telling us who it does belong to and not who you think it doesn't and just maybe I will believe you....right after Santa drops down my chimney.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2023, 04:27:47 pm »
My fantasy for the device?

(1) Catch that thing
(2) Tether it 
(3) Plaster a pedo joe hair sniifing pic on the side
(4) Run it in next years Thanksgiving Parade.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.