Author Topic: NEW REPORT SHOWS SHORTAGES IN WEAPONS MANUFACTURING AND SKILLED LABOR PUTS U.S. MILITARY READINESS A  (Read 154 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NEW REPORT SHOWS SHORTAGES IN WEAPONS MANUFACTURING AND SKILLED LABOR PUTS U.S. MILITARY READINESS AT RISK, YET THE REGIME CONTINUES TO GIVE MUNITIONS TO UKRAINE

Two years ago, a mysterious explosion destroyed a gunpowder factory. In 2021, the Minden, a Louisiana-based facility was obliterated after an errant spark led to a destructive explosion that completely halted production.

Unfortunately, the plant is still closed. And this occurrence is not a rarity of recent.
This from 100percentfedup.com.

Last week the Wall Street Journal noted a potential problem for national security due to shortages.
Fewer weapons manufacturers, shortages and ‘single source’ contractors limit the Pentagon’s ability to ramp up production—including when the sole maker of a crucial type of gunpowder stopped producing.

The Department of Defense relied on the Minden factory to produce an array of items, including bullets, mortar shells, artillery rounds, and Tomahawk missiles.

The company also was the only one in the country that produced a very old form of munitions called black powder which was heavily used in the Revolutionary and Civil Wars. Black powder has current military applications as well and cannot be substituted with another product.

The Journal’s article also noted that the nation’s military suppliers have declined.

https://defconnews.com/2023/05/01/new-report-shows-shortages-in-weapons-manufacturing-and-skilled-labor-puts-u-s-military-readiness-at-risk-yet-the-regime-continues-to-give-munitions-to-ukraine/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.