Author Topic: Feds admit offshore wind can kill whales!  (Read 115 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Feds admit offshore wind can kill whales!
« on: May 01, 2023, 10:59:42 am »
Feds admit offshore wind can kill whales!
By David Wojick |April 27th, 2023

Despite public proclamations of innocence, it turns out BOEM and NOAA clearly acknowledge the deadly threat of offshore wind development to marine mammals. Not surprisingly they do it in documents that are subject to judicial review, lest they be caught fibbing.

Of course these admissions are well hidden, buried in the depths of thousand page documents, but they are there to be found. These are the Draft Environmental Impact Statements (DEIS) that precede each offshore wind project. They are jointly prepared by BOEM and NOAA.

The key is that the overall project EIS includes the EIS for NOAA’s harassment authorizations for the construction of that project. In fact you can find this language by searching the DEIS for the word “harassment”. I am told that this is standard language which varies little from project to project.

https://www.cfact.org/2023/04/27/feds-admit-offshore-wind-can-kill-whales/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson