Author Topic: L A Times Electric Bill Increase Editorial Conceals California’s Incompetent Energy & Climate Polici  (Read 125 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
L A Times Electric Bill Increase Editorial Conceals California’s Incompetent Energy & Climate Policies that Hugely Drive-Up Costs
16 hours ago Guest Blogger 
Guest essay by Larry Hamlin

The L A Times published yet another incredibly misleading editorial trying to blame California electric utilities for the states skyrocketing electricity cost increases while concealing decades of Democrat driven incompetent state government energy and climate policies that are responsible for driving up California’s out of control energy and electricity costs.

The state government first started meddling in the state’s electricity business in 1999 with the grand “deregulation” debacle that promised lower energy prices but instead resulted   in consumers seeing over $40 billion dollars for increased electricity costs in 2000 and 2001.

Additionally, $42 billion dollars in new firm generation dispatchable capacity contracts (renewables are not generation capacity dispatchable and cannot meet changing system load demand leading to an unreliable and costly electric system) over the next ten years all because the states politicians can’t stop creating incompetent politically contrived schemes that are systematically destroying the state’s energy system.

In 2000 and 2001 Californians experienced 45 days of voluntary and involuntary load shedding (turning power off for various customer groups) including 10 days of required involuntary rolling blackouts totaling 42 hours of customers being in the dark. 

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/04/30/l-a-times-electric-bill-increase-editorial-conceals-californias-incompetent-energy-climate-policies-that-hugely-drive-up-costs/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson