Author Topic: Dylan Mulvaney: Brands should want me for me, not just for being trans  (Read 886 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dylan Mulvaney: Brands should want me for me, not just for being trans
By Yaron Steinbuch   
April 28, 2023 2:45pm

Dylan Mulvaney said in a new interview that she doesn’t want brands to hire her as a spokesperson just to “check a box” off because she’s transgender — instead, they should turn to her because “I’m Dylan.”

The 26-year-old influencer — who rose to fame chronicling her gender transition, and incurred widespread wrath from far-right critics after her partnership with Bud Light — told Bustle that she doesn’t want a brand to hire her for the sake of diversity.

“A lot of brands will ask, ‘Could you relate a little bit of your struggle growing up into this?’ Like, no! If you want me, you want me because I’m Dylan, not because I’m trans,” she told the outlet in the interview published Thursday.

“That’s when you know they were just trying to check a box,” Mulvaney said.

She said she also grappled with what type of spokesperson she should be — or whether she should be one at all.

“If I enter too much into the activist space or too far into politics where I’m not ready, I could misspeak or I could, you know, give information that’s not correct,” she said.

“I don’t want us to take a step back — I don’t want to be the reason for that. So, I want to push forward with my strong suit, which is showing trans joy, which is showing empathy, which is showing all the good there is in the community, and, of course, entertaining people,” Mulvaney added.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/04/28/dylan-mulvaney-brands-should-want-me-for-me-not-just-for-being-trans/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

No.

They only want you for being Trans. If you were a regular guy, they wouldn't want you for just you.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
 :3:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

You for you???

A twink tranny attention whore?

There's your problem, right there...

Online mountaineer

Dear NY Post: he's a guy. Don't call him "she." It's tiresome and really bad journalism.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Right_in_Virginia

So, I want to push forward with my strong suit, which is showing trans joy, which is showing empathy, which is showing all the good there is in the community, and, of course, entertaining people,” Mulvaney added.

What the heck does this have to do with beer?

Offline roamer_1

Or Nike sports bras... Or Maybeline... Or Tampax for PETE'S SAKE...

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

What the heck does Donald Trumpy have to do with Politics?  Dylan and Trump are both posers. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What the heck does Donald Trumpy have to do with Politics?  Dylan and Trump are both posers.

Ahem!   *look*
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Except that your 'me' is a complete fraud.
The Republic is lost.