Author Topic: Why GOP voters are so loyal to Trump  (Read 6310 times)

Online LMAO

Re: Why GOP voters are so loyal to Trump
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2023, 06:19:53 pm »
It is an issue he will need to overcome to win, I would think.

Yet.....

In 2016 he did this same thing.
(Ugly Carli, Lyin' Ted, Little Marco, etc...)

Who the heck knows?

This isn’t 2016. Trump and his MAGA movement has been successfully defined by the opposition and both are extremely unpopular with voters

Trump attacking other Republicans like he is may work to their advantage. It’ll allow those Republicans to separate themselves from Trump’s MAGAs in the eyes of the voters
« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 06:21:04 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2023, 06:25:19 pm »
I'll vote for him if he is the nominee, as he may have been the toughest on illegal immigration since Eisenhower (see Operation Wetback, for Ike's time in office).
I liked his push to make us energy independent as well.

Lots to criticize with all who have held the office, minus the founders, and maybe Silent Cal.
I do wish that one of our modern presidents took a serious look  at the debt.
There will come a day when no matter who we elect, it may be too late, if the debt isn't addressed.

Trump supporters are loyal, and that could be a problem no one has addressed yet.
What I mean to say is, Trump does have a habit of offending people.
What happens if he offends the loyal following?

So far he hasn't, but what if he says something about Rural America, Gun owners, Christians etc?
I am not saying all who are in the above are Trump followers, but Trump followers are a lot of these.
Heck, I fit into all of the above.

He is liable to say anything, at any time.
If he were to lose MAGA, would there be enough votes out there to re-elect him?
MAGA can't t do it alone, but it can't be done without them.

It's a 2 way street.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 07:12:03 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2023, 06:28:30 pm »
You can't handle the truth.

Desantis is not being "smeared", he's being exposed.

Yeah... Just like Cruz was 'exposed'.  *****rollingeyes***** **nononono*

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2023, 06:31:08 pm »
???? That's a crock of crappola. Please explain how DeSantis picked this battle?  Seriously? 

Umm....you do know Desantis wants to politically annihilate President Trump, do you not?  In many cultures, including ours, this is choosing to do battle.  This is all Ronny's choice. @libertybele

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2023, 06:31:21 pm »
Desantis has chosen this battle.  Please, stop faulting Trump for meeting him in the combat zone.  @libertybele

Wow.  The bald-faced lies just keep coming and coming, like some sort of a broken water main.

Trump started the fight by being his typical childish, paranoid self, and started throwing smears and insults because he thought he'd scare DeSantis off of running.

Here's the thing that's even funnier than your propensity for lying:  the more pro-Trump lies you tell, the less the rest of us are willing to consider Trump as a viable candidate.  Not only are you not persuading anyone to support Trump who doesn't currently belong to his cult of personality, you are, in fact, convincing some undecideds that Trump is not worth supporting.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #80 on: May 03, 2023, 06:33:10 pm »
You can't handle the truth.

Desantis is not being "smeared", he's being exposed.

Being exposed as a close-to-conservative leader who doesn't kow-tow to liberals and who can actually get things done.  Unlike Mr. Trump, whose primary skill is getting his fellow libs' undies in a twist without actually getting anything productive done with the resulting anger.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2023, 06:42:33 pm »

Trump started the fight by being his typical childish, paranoid self, and started throwing smears and insults because he thought he'd scare DeSantis off of running.

Nope.  All Trump has and is doing is exposing the actual Desantis hagiography, rather than accepting the one currently available in the fiction section of a bookstore near you.

Here's the thing that's even funnier than your propensity for lying

You're lying, not me.  And, you know it.

Not only are you not persuading anyone to support Trump who doesn't currently belong to his cult of personality, you are, in fact, convincing some undecideds that Trump is not worth supporting.

Whatever helps you sleep nights.  88devil

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump
« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2023, 06:42:54 pm »
Being exposed as a close-to-conservative leader who doesn't kow-tow to liberals and who can actually get things done.  Unlike Mr. Trump, whose primary skill is getting his fellow libs' undies in a twist without actually getting anything productive done with the resulting anger.

oh my word you SAID IT!!  my trump thery is that the whole 2016 election was based on a lie...form the left and the right ....who didnt know..... how badly they were about to be TORCHED by THE PARTY DESTROYER.

BTW LITTLE STEVIE BANNON  has stated that hes a LENINIST!!

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2023, 06:47:52 pm »
Mr. Trump, whose primary skill is getting his fellow libs' undies in a twist without actually getting anything productive done

Other than peace, prosperity, security, and freedom, of course.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2023, 06:48:17 pm »
Nope.  All Trump has and is doing is exposing the actual Desantis hagiography, rather than accepting the one currently available in the fiction section of a bookstore near you.

You're lying, not me.  And, you know it.

Whatever helps you sleep nights.  88devil

:mauslaff:

Trump was and is a disaster.  He presided over one of the biggest increases in federal debt ever, without a moment's hesitation, and without any valid basis for it, other than that his liberal friends wanted it, and went along without a peep over Fauci and his Dr. Mengele style medical fascism.

And now he's threatening to do exactly the same thing if he gets re-elected.

And all the Trumpistas just lap it up. 

The fact is, the only good things that actually got done in his adminstration were largely the results of someone else's efforts.  The Supreme Court nominees were the brainchild of McConnell and the Federalist Society, not Donald J. Trump.  The middle east agreements were the efforts of Kushner, not Donald J. Trump.  The 2017 tax cuts - to the extent those could be considered good things in the overall scheme of things - were the brainchild of Congressional republicans, not Donald J. Trump.  Etc, etc, etc.

Here's the relevant comparison between Donald Trump and Ronald Reagan:  Reagan said one could get a lot accomplished so long as one doesn't care who gets the credit; Donald Trump just wants the credit, and doesn't much care what actually gets accomplished.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2023, 06:51:37 pm »

Trump was and is a disaster

Only to those who disagree with peace, prosperity, security and freedom.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #86 on: May 03, 2023, 06:54:50 pm »
oh my word you SAID IT!!  my trump thery is that the whole 2016 election was based on a lie...form the left and the right ....who didnt know..... how badly they were about to be TORCHED by THE PARTY DESTROYER.

BTW LITTLE STEVIE BANNON  has stated that hes a LENINIST!!

Thinking back over 2016, the main reason libs/dems were so angry with Trump is that he was a former ally of theirs who, for his own personal aggrandizement, turned his back on them and ran as a nominal republican against Hillary because he didn't want to wait around for "his turn" at the presidency after she was finished with it.

Exactly what Bloomberg did with the NYC mayoralty in 2001:  he didn't want to have to wait his turn behind the long line of democrats who had prior-in-time claims on their party's nomination for Mayor, so he re-registered as a republican, and took advantage of the fact that the NYC republicans were so desperate to have a candidate, any candidate, who could succeed Giuliani, that they accepted Bloomberg as their candidate without doing any of the careful consideration of his actual preferred policy predilections.  The fact that he then won ticked off a lot of NYC democrats, and Bloomberg didn't finally win them over until he started letting his liberal roots show again.

Trump did more or less the same thing in 2016:  he didn't want to have to wait behind Clinton, and perhaps some of the other DNC top-tiers, like Ms. Obama, for his shot at the presidency, so entered the republican primary and went head to head against Clinton.  The ultimate "sin" he committed against his liberal brethren was actually winning, thereby depriving Clinton of the chance to become the first female U.S. president, which would have locked in her place in history, no matter how disastrous her policies would have turned out to be.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2023, 07:57:54 pm »
Here's the relevant comparison between Donald Trump and Ronald Reagan:  Reagan said one could get a lot accomplished so long as one doesn't care who gets the credit; Donald Trump just wants the credit, and doesn't much care what actually gets accomplished.

Man, oh man! Is that ever the truth!
 :beer:

Online corbe

« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2023, 08:05:33 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online LMAO

« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2023, 08:09:23 pm »

If he were to lose MAGA, would there be enough votes out there to re-elect him?
MAGA can't t do it alone, but it can't be done without them.

It's a 2 way street.

Yup

I guess I’m just tired of losing elections with the name Trump being tied to the GOP. And as long as the Democrats are able to do that, expect more election losses.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 08:15:07 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #90 on: May 03, 2023, 08:12:43 pm »
Man, oh man! Is that ever the truth!

And Reagan's "accomplishments" are:

Online corbe

« Reply #91 on: May 03, 2023, 08:16:09 pm »
   The last time Trump pizzed off his following his Mother sent him to Military School.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #92 on: May 03, 2023, 08:27:32 pm »

QFT
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #93 on: May 03, 2023, 08:41:50 pm »
Yup

I guess I’m just tired of losing elections with the name Trump being tied to the GOP. And as long as the Democrats are able to do that, expect more election losses.

I also fear that if Trump is not the nominee, will MAGA vote for the one who is?
Can the other nominee win without MAGA?

I don't like what I am thinking here.
It may bring the White House back to the Democrats if we can't pull this thing together somehow, whether that nominee is Trump or someone else.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #94 on: May 03, 2023, 08:47:45 pm »
I also fear that if Trump is not the nominee, will MAGA vote for the one who is?

Oh the irony if that were to happen.

Yes...IMO...a Conservative Republican can win without the Cult of Trump.

It may bring the White House back to the Democrats if we can't pull this thing together somehow, whether that nominee is Trump or someone else.

As long as Trump insists on a circular firing squad and refuses to focus on the Biden's and the DNC Biden may well return for a second term.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online corbe

« Reply #95 on: May 03, 2023, 09:00:33 pm »

That's why it's important to vote down ticket, leave the President slot BLANK or Write-In.  At least when Trump repeats his failure against a basement dwelling, pedophile whose wife wants to be another Edith Wilson, we can put shackles on him/her not unlike the Conservatives put on McCarthy (is there any doubt that ol Kevin wouldn't have already given bidet everything he wanted without those pesky restrictions from HFC)? 

24 is LOST with Trump the nominee.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #96 on: May 03, 2023, 09:06:48 pm »
   That's why it's important to vote down ticket, leave the President slot BLANK or Write-In.  At least when Trump repeats his failure against a basement dwelling, pedophile whose wife wants to be another Edith Wilson, we can put shackles on him/her not unlike the Conservatives put on McCarthy (is there any doubt that ol Kevin wouldn't have already given bidet everything he wanted without those pesky restrictions from HFC)? 

:thumbsup:

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #97 on: May 03, 2023, 09:44:33 pm »

I can't think of a president in our lifetimes that was an actual deficit hawk.
A lot have talked about it.
Silent Cal was the last president to actually reduce the debt.
Fair point, that Congress needs to do their part, but all of these guys have had veto pins, and none have used them where the runaway spending is concerned.

I think I'll grab a shiner or 2 and mull this over tonight.

Online corbe

« Reply #98 on: May 03, 2023, 09:55:49 pm »

My go to @GrouchoTex  Someone brought a 12 pack of Troy Aikman '8' beer here over a month ago.  I'm doing beer can chicken with that spiel. 

Probst   :beer:

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #99 on: May 03, 2023, 09:58:37 pm »

My go to @GrouchoTex  Someone brought a 12 pack of Troy Aikman '8' beer here over a month ago.  I'm doing beer can chicken with that spiel. 

Probst   :beer:

Aikman Beer?
Prosit

Good Gawd, I hope it doesn't cause the Chickens to taste "fowl"...

:cool: