Author Topic: Lyft, Gap, First Republic join Disney, Amazon in layoffs  (Read 273 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Lyft, Gap, First Republic join Disney, Amazon in layoffs
« on: April 30, 2023, 07:05:07 pm »
April 28, 2023 12:00pm EDT
Lyft, Gap, First Republic join Disney, Amazon in layoffs
About a quarter of Lyft's workforce will be impacted by cuts

By Aislinn Murphy FOXBusiness

A slew of companies revealed this week they plan to trim their headcounts.

The layoffs come on top of The Walt Disney Co. and Amazon also doing rounds of cuts this week as part of previously-announced workforce reductions.

Disney’s second round of layoffs commenced Monday, with Reuters reporting some 4,000 people getting let go across this and the prior round in late March. A third will take place "before the beginning of the summer" that will complete the 7,000 cuts Disney announced in February, according to a memo from CEO Bob Iger.

Meanwhile, Amazon’s cloud computing and human resources divisions on Wednesday faced layoffs after the company in March revealed plans for 9,000 more cuts. The e-commerce giant is shrinking its employee count by 27,000 overall this year.

Several other companies announced layoffs this week.

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/lyft-gap-first-republic-join-disney-amazon-layoffs
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Lyft, Gap, First Republic join Disney, Amazon in layoffs
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2023, 07:09:17 pm »
Trying to stay ahead of the curve of Biden's Great Recession.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2023, 07:14:32 pm »
Trying to stay ahead of the curve of Biden's Great Recession.

Brandon's great recession will become a Great Depression; worse than the previous one that lasted from 1929-1939. IMHO it will absolutely crumble our Republic, devalue the dollar and China will become the superpower.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2023, 07:30:48 pm »
Brandon's great recession will become a Great Depression; worse than the previous one that lasted from 1929-1939. IMHO it will absolutely crumble our Republic, devalue the dollar and China will become the superpower.

There is another big bank failure imminent. Three so close together bodes ill for the economy. I don' t see economic people predicting a bright future so it well may become another Great Depression, globally.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley