Author Topic: MSNBC Legal Analyst: It's a 'Disservice' to Cross-Examine Trump Rape Accuser  (Read 200 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
MSNBC Legal Analyst: It's a 'Disservice' to Cross-Examine Trump Rape Accuser
Mark Finkelstein
April 30th, 2023 8:10 AM

E. Jean Carroll Glenn Kirschner MSNBC The Saturday Show With Jonathan Capehart 4-29-23This is what passes for an MSNBC legal "analyst." On Jonathan Capehart's Saturday morning show, MSNBC legal analyst Glenn Kirschner said that cross-examining people who claim to be sexual assault victims, such as Trump accuser E. Jean Caroll, is a "disservice."

Kirschner grudgingly acknowledged that the Sixth Amendment—that inconvenient thing!—gives defendants the right to confront and cross-examine their accusers.  But Kirschner said that as a former prosecutor, it was "heartbreaking" for him to see sexual assault victims "falsely accused of making stories up."

But how is a jury supposed to decide who is being "falsely accused"—the accuser or the person being accused—unless the accuser is subjected to cross-examination? And who made Kirschner the arbiter of who is telling the truth and who is "making stories up?"

The real "disservice" would be to justice—if Kirschner's notion were ever adopted, and sexual assault accusers were simply taken at their word.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/mark-finkelstein/2023/04/30/msnbc-legal-analyst-its-disservice-cross-examine-trump-rape
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
No purpose having any type of hearing at all.  Just fill out a Butt Hurt form in the convenience of your home and mail it in.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
No purpose having any type of hearing at all.  Just fill out a Butt Hurt form in the convenience of your home and mail it in.

888high58888
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien