Author Topic: COVID EMERGENCY, CLIMATE EMERGENCY: SAME THING  (Read 139 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
COVID EMERGENCY, CLIMATE EMERGENCY: SAME THING
« on: April 30, 2023, 11:24:42 am »
COVID EMERGENCY, CLIMATE EMERGENCY: SAME THING
by W. Aaron Vandiver

POSTED ON APRIL 13, 2023, 10:55 AM36 MINS
In February 2022, 1,140 organizations sent President Biden a letter urging him to declare a “climate emergency.” A group of US Senators did the same, in October 2022, and a House bill, introduced in 2021, also called on the president to “declare a national climate emergency under the National Emergencies Act.”

Biden has considered declaring such an emergency, but so far he has declined, to the disappointment of many progressives.

The United Nations (UN) has urged all countries to declare a climate emergency. The state of Hawaii and 170 local US jurisdictions have declared some version of one. So have 38 countries, including European Union members and the UK, and local jurisdictions around the world, together encompassing about 13 percent of the world’s population.

Hillary Clinton was reportedly prepared to declare a “climate emergency” if she had won the 2016 election.

https://sovereignnations.com/2023/04/13/covid-climate-emergency-same/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson