Author Topic: DeSantis cleared of ethics complaint filed by Trump-aligned PAC  (Read 511 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Florida Commission on Ethics dismissed a complaint filed by a Trump-aligned super PAC that accused Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) of violating state law by using his state to fundraise and court a presidential run without declaring his candidacy.

The Make America Great Again Inc. PAC filed the complaint in March, alleging DeSantis is guilty of “illegal conduct” by using his Friends of Ron DeSantis PAC to fundraise in the early months of 2023 despite not launching a White House bid. However, the Florida commission shot down those allegations in a 12-page report released this week, ruling that MAGA Inc. failed to cite specific allegations that were in violation of the law.

"The compliant fails to indicate in a factual, substantive, nonconclusory manner that [DeSantis] solicited or accepted anything with an understanding that it would influence an official decision associated with his public office," the ethics board wrote, according to the report obtained by Fox News. "The complaint details alleged actions taken by other organizations for the benefit of [DeSantis'] anticipated presidential campaign, but never once expressly alleges that [DeSantis] and these organizations have an agreement or understanding, or that [DeSantis] has conditioned any public action on any donation, contribution, gift, or other thing of value."

The group accused DeSantis of possibly violating state law by using his “personally lucrative book tour” to court voters, alleging that the governor likely used the opportunity to solicit or accept gifts. The ethics commission rejected that allegation, calling the accusations merely speculative.

---------------------

Swing and a miss!
The Republic is lost.

Online Hoodat

Re: DeSantis cleared of ethics complaint filed by Trump-aligned PAC
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2023, 10:34:23 pm »
Trump using the courts just like a Democrat.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2023, 10:35:09 pm »
Trump using the courts just like a Democrat.

Basically. 

Online LMAO

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2023, 10:41:34 pm »
Petty

Like I've said, for a guy who his supporters tell us  he can't wait to expose the "real" DeSantis record, Trump is doing everything he can to avoid it
« Last Edit: April 29, 2023, 10:43:45 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2023, 10:49:25 pm »
 happy77 *girl beer*
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2023, 01:45:41 am »
Do you remember when Trump sent a cease and desist letter to Cruz over a political ad?  I sure would hate to be one of Donald's attorneys.

Online LMAO

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy