Author Topic: State Judge Blows a Hole in Leftist Case for Neglecting Homeless Camps, Open-Air Drug Markets  (Read 136 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
State Judge Blows a Hole in Leftist Case for Neglecting Homeless Camps, Open-Air Drug Markets

By RYAN MILLS
April 28, 2023 6:30 AM
The gunshots rang out just before midnight in mid April — pop, pop, pop, pop.

Joel Coplin and his wife, Jo-Ann, were sleeping in their home above their downtown Phoenix art gallery when they were awakened by the loud blasts in front of their building. But they did not rush to the window to see what was happening. They didn’t call the police.

“It’s gotten to the point where you just roll over and put the pillow over your head,” Coplin said of living on the edge of “the Zone,” one of the nation’s largest homeless encampments.

More than 1,000 people now call this site of drugged-out bacchanalia their home. In the Zone, addicts freely shoot up heroin and smoke meth and fentanyl, littering the grounds with needles and foil packets. They wander the streets like ghosts, lost in their delusions, and trade pills for sex, often in plain sight. They relieve themselves where they please, filling storm drains with human waste, rotten food, and garbage that flushes into the Rio Salado River Parkway.

They beat one another, rob one another. Sometimes they kill one another — at least four people were killed in the Zone last year, according to news reports. There have been multiple burned bodies in the encampment, including the burned body of a newborn found dead in the street.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/phoenix-homeless-camp-ruling-blows-a-hole-in-the-progressive-case-for-neglecting-open-air-drug-scenes/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson