Author Topic: 'Problematic and dangerous': City advises against bringing kids to protests in open roads  (Read 227 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

'Problematic and dangerous': City advises against bringing kids to protests in open roads
Stephanie Warsmith and Emily MillsAkron Beacon Journal

Just over 20 people have been arrested in Akron protests since a grand jury decided last week not to indict the officers who fatally shot Jayland Walker.

That's far less than the arrests after Walker's shooting last summer.

City officials are advising people against bringing children to protests in streets that are open to traffic.

If you’re going to protest in Akron, the city's top prosecutor says you may want to consider not bringing your kids.

A small group of protesters marched in the street in the area of Goodyear Heights and the Six Points intersection Thursday night with several children among them.

https://www.beaconjournal.com/story/news/2023/04/28/jayland-walker-akron-ohio-police-arrests-cars-towed-citiations/70159504007/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson