Author Topic: New York Moving to Ban Gas Hookups in New Homes  (Read 387 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
New York Moving to Ban Gas Hookups in New Homes
« on: April 29, 2023, 02:35:52 pm »

Democratic New York Gov. Kathy Hochul and the Democratic majority in the state’s legislature have reached an agreement on a new budget deal that would, among other things, phase out gas hookups in new homes.

Hochul announced on Thursday evening that she had reached a tentative agreement with Democratic House Speaker Carl Heastie and Democratic Senate Majority Leader Andrea Stewart-Cousins on the state’s budget for fiscal year 2024. The budget bill is currently valued at $229 billion.

During a Thursday press conference, Hochul highlighted several aspects of the tentative deal, including a provision to phase out natural gas hookups in new homes.

“Everyone knows we’ve seen the effects of climate change—the storms, the Hurricanes coming to New York, record snow amounts—we’re seeing the effects every single day, not just here, but across the nation. Our budget prioritizes nation-leading climate action that meets this moment with ambition and the commitment it demands.”

https://www.ntd.com/new-york-moving-to-ban-gas-hookups-in-new-homes_916213.html
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

Re: New York Moving to Ban Gas Hookups in New Homes
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2023, 03:22:27 pm »

Democratic New York Gov. Kathy Hochul and the Democratic majority in the state’s legislature have reached an agreement on a new budget deal that would, among other things, phase out gas hookups in new homes.

Hochul announced on Thursday evening that she had reached a tentative agreement with Democratic House Speaker Carl Heastie and Democratic Senate Majority Leader Andrea Stewart-Cousins on the state’s budget for fiscal year 2024. The budget bill is currently valued at $229 billion.

During a Thursday press conference, Hochul highlighted several aspects of the tentative deal, including a provision to phase out natural gas hookups in new homes.

“Everyone knows we’ve seen the effects of climate change—the storms, the Hurricanes coming to New York, record snow amounts—we’re seeing the effects every single day, not just here, but across the nation. Our budget prioritizes nation-leading climate action that meets this moment with ambition and the commitment it demands.”

https://www.ntd.com/new-york-moving-to-ban-gas-hookups-in-new-homes_916213.html

What a load of tripe!  What "record snow amounts"??  I recall back in April of 2020 getting almost 2 feet of snow in NYC; that hasn't happened again in at least several years.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2023, 03:28:46 pm »
What a load of tripe!  What "record snow amounts"??  I recall back in April of 2020 getting almost 2 feet of snow in NYC; that hasn't happened again in at least several years.

The record snow I remember was back in 98... Where I had to dig UP out of my back porch, and I could walk right onto my garage roof. So much snow. We were worried where we were going to put any more.

Nothing has rivaled that in my life time.  And since then, winters have grown very mild until recently, wherein we are trending toward the cold and snowy again.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2023, 03:49:58 pm »
Which means basically you will not be able to have back up emergency power in you new home. 

Smooth move.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2023, 03:55:32 pm »
Which means basically you will not be able to have back up emergency power in you new home. 

Smooth move.

Well, those who do want backup power, and who have the means, will purchase generators that are operated on some other fossil fuel, including diesel, which is certainly dirtier than natural gas.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2023, 03:58:15 pm »
Well, those who do want backup power, and who have the means, will purchase generators that are operated on some other fossil fuel, including diesel, which is certainly dirtier than natural gas.

They'll just ban generators too.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2023, 03:59:02 pm »
They'll just ban generators too.

Eventually.  Which just means that only the rich - those who have enough property to keep the nosy eco-fascists from finding out - will still have backup power.