Author Topic: Chicago Needs More Shelters And Federal Money As Thousands Of Migrants Are Arriving, Mayor Says  (Read 303 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Chicago Needs More Shelters And Federal Money As Thousands Of Migrants Are Arriving, Mayor Says
Some migrants have to wait days at police stations as officials look for shelter for them, Mayor Lori Lightfoot said. She's expecting even more new arrivals with a change in federal policy.

Madison Savedra
4:08 PM CDT on Apr 28, 2023

Migrants were temporarily stationed in the hallway near the O’Hare CTA Blue Line station before being taken to shelters on a bus on April 26, 2023.

Sources Cited
CHICAGO — The city has seen a recent influx of thousands of migrants coming here in need of shelter and aid, with even more expected to come soon — but Chicago’s shelters are already full, Mayor Lori Lightfoot said Friday.

Some migrants are having to “wait for days” at police stations as officials look for housing for them, Lightfoot wrote in a Friday letter to City Council. About 40 people were seen Wednesday sleeping outside of a homelessness center at O’Hare Airport after they arrived on one-way flights from Texas.

With the migrant crisis poised to hit a new peak, Lightfoot asked alderpeople to work with local leaders and groups to identify sites in the neighborhoods that can be turned into shelters. Since August, more than 8,151 migrants have arrived in the city, Lightfoot said in a letter.

https://blockclubchicago.org/2023/04/28/chicago-needs-more-shelters-and-federal-money-as-thousands-of-migrants-are-arriving-mayor-says/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Since Chicago decided to remake one of the most robust cities in the US into a third world slum by declaring themselves a "sanctuary," they deserve all the problems they get. :nono:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
A couple of drums of paint, and adjust the all the road signs to "Shitcago".  Nothing like truth in advertising.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

Since Chicago decided to remake one of the most robust cities in the US into a third world slum by declaring themselves a "sanctuary," they deserve all the problems they get. :nono:

Exactly.  Chicago is presumably run by adults, so it’s only fair they bear the consequences of their own actions.

Offline LMAO

You mean there’s a financial burden when you declare yourself a sanctuary city?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I call malarkey on this, as soon as those "migrants" realize that Shitcago is more dangerous and destitute than the hole they left they will make haste to be elsewhere.

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
You mean there’s a financial burden when you declare yourself a sanctuary city?

NO!  The "vast right wing conspiracy" just claims there is. *****rollingeyes*****
Thomas Jefferson