Author Topic: Republicans to debut sweeping immigration bill with vote in coming weeks  (Read 109 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Republicans to debut sweeping immigration bill with vote in coming weeks
by Anna Giaritelli, Homeland Security Reporter |
 April 27, 2023 03:00 AM

Republicans have finally coalesced around a massive package of immigration and border security proposals that House GOP leadership will debut Thursday, two weeks before an anticipated floor vote.

House Republicans on Thursday will announce a plan to marry a recently marked-up Judiciary Committee bill on immigration law with the Homeland Security Committee’s own border security legislation.

House Homeland Security Chairman Mark Green (R-TN), Vice Chairman Michael Guest (R-MS), Majority Leader Steve Scalise (R-LA), and House Judiciary Chairman Jim Jordan (R-OH) will hold a press conference on Capitol Hill to debut the all-encompassing bill.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/immigration/republicans-debut-border-immigration-bill
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
IF they follow through, which given their history doesn't seem real likely, I'll bet it's a real nothingburger. :nono:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson