Author Topic: Rapid ocean temperature rise puzzles scientists  (Read 172 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Rapid ocean temperature rise puzzles scientists
« on: April 29, 2023, 11:08:05 am »
Rapid ocean temperature rise puzzles scientists
Wednesday 26th April 2023

Share:
Scientists are puzzled by a rapid increase in the temperature of the world’s oceans. The daily surface temperature between 60°N and 60°S reached a record high on March 31st – the highest temperature in the NOAA record that started in 1981.

It occurs as we are moving from persistent La Nina into El Nino conditions which could later this year increase global ocean temperatures by more than half a degree Celsius.

Many factors have been postulated to be contribution to this temperature spurt. Sunspots are set to reach a high maximum sooner than expected this solar cycle. In 2022 the Tonga submarine volcano eruption added a huge amount of water vapour into the atmosphere. Also in 2022 the International Maritime Organisation issued a ban on pollution from ships reducing their sulphur emissions. This reduced the blanket of reflective aerosol particles reflecting sunlight back into space before it reached the oceans, thereby potentially heating it.

https://www.netzerowatch.com/rapid-ocean-temperature-rise-puzzles-scientists/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson