Author Topic: Study: Northern Greenland Was Ice Free, Forested ~125k Years Ago, Adding 3 Meters To Sea Levels  (Read 161 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Forested ~125k Years Ago, Adding 3 Meters To Sea Levels
Study: Northern Greenland Was Ice Free, Forested ~125k Years Ago, Adding 3 Meters To Sea Levels
By Kenneth Richard on 27. April 2023

Share this...
During the last interglacial (LIG) 127 to 119k years ago, when CO2 levels were said to be only 275 ppm, Greenland’s Camp Century surface was ice free, vegetated. Today this same site is buried under a 1.4 kilometers-high ice sheet.

The Arctic was sea ice free during the LIG (Diamond et al., 2021).

Image Source: Diamond et al., 2021
Forests extended to the coasts of the Arctic Ocean during the last interglacial (Sommers et al., 2022). The wasting of the Greenland ice sheet during the LIG translated into 3 meters of sea level equivalent (SLE) from Greenland alone.

As mentioned, Greenland locations that are today covered in 1,400 meters of ice (Christ et al., 2021) were ice-free and covered with vegetation during the LIG (Sommers et al., 2022).

https://notrickszone.com/2023/04/27/study-northern-greenland-was-ice-free-forested-125k-years-ago-adding-3-meters-to-sea-levels/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson