Author Topic: "The Purpose of Communist Propaganda Is to Humiliate"—Why the Biden Regime Lies About the Border  (Read 137 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
"The Purpose of Communist Propaganda Is to Humiliate"—Why the Biden Regime Lies About the Border
JOHN DERBYSHIRE • APRIL 24, 2023 • 1,200 WORDS • 113 COMMENTS • REPLY

[Adapted from the latest Radio Derb, now available exclusively on VDARE.com]

I recently gave a boot to the New York Times’ Miriam Jordan [Email her/Tweet her] whom the NYT describes as ”a national correspondent covering immigration,” for parroting the Regime claim that the stock of illegal aliens in the U.S. is still ”estimated at more than 10 million.” I noted that the Regime has been telling us that for at least twenty years, so it now seems improbable in the extreme: I was hearing way back in the 2010s that respectable analysts had come up with estimates of twenty or thirty million—see Patrick Cleburne’s Biden Enfranchising 11 Million, 20 Million, Or THIRTY Million Illegals? WE NEED TO KNOW! It’s caused me to meditate on the theory and practice of the Lie in Totalitarian systems (which is where we are apparently headed). Conclusion: the point is not persuasion, but humiliation.

The April 20 front page of the New York Post happened to be lying on my desk when I wrote those words. It was dominated by two words in very large print: BIDEN LIED.

There was a picture of our president below that with, as background, a great crowd of illegals at the southern border wall.

https://www.unz.com/jderbyshire/the-purpose-of-communist-propaganda-is-to-humiliate-why-the-biden-regime-lies-about-the-border/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson