Author Topic: Supreme Court Justice Alito says he has a 'pretty good idea' on who leaked Dobbs draft decision  (Read 372 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Supreme Court Justice Alito says he has a 'pretty good idea' on who leaked Dobbs draft decision

Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito says he has a "pretty good idea" on who leaked a draft version of a ruling that would overturn Roe v. Wade.

Alito made the comments in an interview with the Wall Street Journal published Friday, stating that while he knows who likely leaked the Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization draft decision, it's not enough for the court to name someone.

The draft decision, published by Politico on May 2, 2022, eventually overturned Roe v. Wade.

"I personally have a pretty good idea who is responsible, but that’s different from the level of proof that is needed to name somebody," Alito said.

It was a part of an effort to prevent the Dobbs draft…from becoming the decision of the court. And that’s how it was used for those six weeks by people on the outside—as part of the campaign to try to intimidate the court." Alito said.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/supreme-court-justice-alito-says-has-pretty-good-idea-who-leaked-dobbs-draft-decision

This is what I kind of figured all along.   They probably had a damn good idea who did it, but couldn't prove it.

And if they accused someone by name without sufficient proof, it would have been an absolutely massive claim of defamation.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 09:55:25 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Kamaji

Supreme Court Justice Alito says he has a 'pretty good idea' on who leaked Dobbs draft decision

This is what I kind of figured all along.   They probably had a damn good idea who did it, but couldn't prove it.

And if they accused someone by name without sufficient proof, it would have been an absolutely massive claim of defamation.

:thumbsup:

Offline mountaineer

Jonathan Turley
@JonathanTurley
I have previously heard that the Court had a particular individual in mind. There has even been a name referenced privately . . .
6:11 PM · Apr 28, 2023

Daniel Reid
@danielp_reid
This is our regular reminder that there’s a Sotomayor clerk who gave the same Politico reporter at issue here quotes during the Kavanaugh hearings, and then had same reporter at his wedding.
It’s been pretty obvious from day one
6:18 PM · Apr 28, 2023
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

Jonathan Turley
@JonathanTurley
I have previously heard that the Court had a particular individual in mind. There has even been a name referenced privately . . .
6:11 PM · Apr 28, 2023

Daniel Reid
@danielp_reid
This is our regular reminder that there’s a Sotomayor clerk who gave the same Politico reporter at issue here quotes during the Kavanaugh hearings, and then had same reporter at his wedding.
It’s been pretty obvious from day one
6:18 PM · Apr 28, 2023

Is there a name for that Sotomayor clerk?

Offline mountaineer

Is there a name for that Sotomayor clerk?
Speculation:
Who is Amit Jain? Social Media 'Identifies' Clerk Behind Supreme Court Abortion Law Leak; Investigation On
    By Parwinder Sandhu
IB Times
    May 4, 2022

Hours after a draft suggesting that the US Supreme Court is likely to quash the historic Roe v. Wade judgment that had awarded women the right to abortion, surfaced, Chief Justice John Roberts on Tuesday ordered an investigation into the leak. Meanwhile, social media was abuzz with the identity of the person behind the leak of the draft. ...

Though the identity of the SCOTUS leaker was not released by the authorities, a section of social media users suggested that it a Supreme Court clerk named Amit Jain who was behind the historic leak. ... The speculation gained momentum after Matt Wolking, a Republican advisor and strategist, suggested Jain's name as the person responsible for the leak. "A person called Amit Jain clerks for Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor. As a Yale student, Jain blasted Yale for supporting Brett Kavanaugh's nomination. Jain was quoted in a 2017 Politico piece by Josh Gerstein. Today, Gerstein published the draft SCOTUS opinion on Roe," read the tweet. ...

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org