Author Topic: Randi Weingarten misrepresented COVID study to Congress, author claims  (Read 606 times)

Offline Kamaji

Randi Weingarten misrepresented COVID study to Congress, author claims

By Josh Christenson
April 28, 2023

An epidemiologist blasted teachers union chief Randi Weingarten — saying she fudged a scientific study to wrongly argue to Congress that schools should have been kept closed during the height of COVID-19.

Dr. Tracy Høeg, who co-authored a January 2021 study posted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that detailed low levels of coronavirus transmission in school, claimed the American Federation of Teachers president misrepresented the evidence in her testimony to the House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Pandemic.

“We saw remarkably low in school transmission & no known transmission to teachers,” Høeg said in a lengthy Twitter thread late Wednesday.

“The fact the [CDC] was taking the advice of the [AFT] & not the scientists publishing on this topic in their own journal and without considering the data from Europe seems to have played a role in the massive error that left millions [of] US kids out of school unnecessarily.”

During the hearing hours earlier, Weingarten admitted to lawmakers that President Biden’s staff coordinated with her union on school-reopening guidance before the 80-year-old commander-in-chief even took office.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/04/28/covid-study-doc-randi-weingarten-misrepresented-my-work/

Offline Kamaji

She should be prosecuted under 18 U.S.C. Section 1001 for false statements to Congress.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Vaccinate her!
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline LMAO

She should be prosecuted under 18 U.S.C. Section 1001 for false statements to Congress.

She should.

But she won't. Evidently, some people are above the law
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I'd love to see one of the GOP primary types like DeSantis go after her.  Going after schools that stayed closed would be a very popular issue with a lot of parents, and DeSantis has the ability to do that because he re-opened for fall 2020 when many other states didn't.

Blasting the teachers' union is always good politics from Republicans.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

I'd love to see one of the GOP primary types like DeSantis go after her.  Going after schools that stayed closed would be a very popular issue with a lot of parents, and DeSantis has the ability to do that because he re-opened for fall 2020 when many other states didn't.

Blasting the teachers' union is always good politics from Republicans.

:thumbsup: