Author Topic: DC police chief retires after two years of leading force, with homicides on record pace, to join FBI  (Read 418 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
DC police chief retires after two years of leading force, with homicides on record pace, to join FBI
Contee was sworn in as chief at the start of January 2021, and crime has risen dramatically during that time.

By Madeleine Hubbard
Updated: April 27, 2023 - 7:40am

D.C. Metropolitan Police Chief Robert Contee III is retiring after 33 years with the department to become an assistant director at the FBI.

His last day on the force will be June 3, he said Wednesday.

"I want to congratulate Chief Contee on his retirement and thank him for his service to DC — for leading MPD with passion and purpose," D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser said. "He has pushed our criminal justice system to do more and be better."

Contee was sworn in as chief at the start of January 2021, and crime has risen dramatically during that time. He took over just after the Jan. 6 Capitol riots.

https://justthenews.com/government/local/dc-police-chief-robert-contee-retires-join-fbi
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Should fit right in...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis