Author Topic: Mike Pence testifies for 7 hours before Jan. 6 grand jury after Trump’s bid to block him fails  (Read 198 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Mike Pence testifies for 7 hours before Jan. 6 grand jury after Trump’s bid to block him fails
By Jesse O’Neill   
April 27, 2023 5:43pm

Former Vice President Mike Pence appeared for seven hours before a federal grand jury investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riot Thursday — one day after a federal appeals court rejected a bid by former President Donald Trump to block him from doing so.

A three-judge panel on the DC Circuit Court of Appeals, consisting of a Trump appointee and two appointees of former President Barack Obama, had issued a sealed order denying the 76-year-old’s appeal late Wednesday.

NBC News was first to report on Pence’s appearance.

A rep for the former VP declined comment, while a rep for special counsel Jack Smith had nothing to say about the Wednesday appeals court ruling.

Spokespeople and lawyers for Trump remained mum on the development.

The former vice president and potential presidential candidate had said he would comply with a judge’s order to discuss the riot on the record as the federal panel weighs obstruction and conspiracy charges against Trump and his allies.

After four years of fealty to Trump, Pence, 63, issued a blistering rebuke of his boss’ calls to overturn the 2020 election, writing in his memoir “So Help Me God” last year that the 45th president’s “reckless words had endangered my family and all those serving at the Capitol and I know history will hold Donald Trump accountable.”

more
https://nypost.com/2023/04/27/mike-pence-testifies-before-jan-6-grand-jury-about-trump/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34