Author Topic: Emerson Poll: Trump Builds Massive Lead Over DeSantis  (Read 559 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Emerson Poll: Trump Builds Massive Lead Over DeSantis
« on: April 27, 2023, 06:10:56 pm »
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/donald-trump-ron-desantis-2024/2023/04/27/id/1117730/

Emerson Poll: Trump Builds Massive Lead Over DeSantis
By Sandy Fitzgerald
27 April 2023

Support for former President Donald Trump is continuing to grow as he bids for the 2024 GOP presidential nomination, with new Emerson College Polling results showing him with a big lead over his nearest hypothetical contender, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis.

According to the poll numbers released Thursday, Trump netted 62% of the support, followed by DeSantis at 16%.

"Trump's 62% reflects an increase in support for the first time in an Emerson national poll since June 2022, where he has held a consistent 55%," the pollsters said. "Since the February national poll, DeSantis has lost nine points of support, from 25% to 16%."

Other declared and potential candidates in the 2024 Republican race only netted single-digit results.

The national survey of U.S. voters was conducted on April 24-25 of a sample of 1,100 registered voters, and had a sample of error of plus or minus 2.9 percentage points.

More at URL above...

Poster's comment:
62 - 16, eh...?
Isn't that about "4 to 1" ???

Online kevindavis007

Re: Emerson Poll: Trump Builds Massive Lead Over DeSantis
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2023, 06:17:55 pm »
So???
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2023, 06:27:47 pm »
So???

I don’t think there’s anybody here that, at least for now, doesn’t doubt that Donald Trump will be the nominee. But he will go on to lose the general election.

What we’re trying to do at this point is to keep Congress and governorships from going full Democrat Party
« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 06:32:08 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2023, 06:28:27 pm »
I don’t think there’s anybody here that, at least, for now, doesn’t doubt that Donald Trump will be the nominee. He will go on to lose the general election.

What we’re trying to do at this point is to keep Congress and governorships from going full Democrat Party.

Exactly.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2023, 06:36:28 pm »
I don’t think there’s anybody here that, at least for now, doesn’t doubt that Donald Trump will be the nominee. But he will go on to lose the general election.

Why?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2023, 06:40:38 pm »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2023, 06:51:11 pm »
Why?

The Democrats are united. The GOP is not and that dynamic looks to hold going into next year

Joe Biden has the advantage of incumbency.

This is in 2016. Even with Biden’s negatives, they don’t match Hillary Clinton’s

Trump polls poorly amongst independents.

Tying candidates to Donald Trump has worked very effectively for the Democrats. There’s no reason to think that’s not gonna continue into next year.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2023, 06:52:08 pm »
Why?

He doesn't have the hard drive for it.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline LMAO

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2023, 06:53:14 pm »
He doesn't have the hard drive for it.

@bigheadfred

Cool avatar

Barry Goldwater

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2023, 10:31:55 pm »
LMAO asserts:
"The Democrats are united..."

Whoa.
Hold on a minute.

Considering how ol' white joe has deteriorated since he was sworn in, and considering that there's still about 18 months until election day 2024, and considering events that could happen between now and then, and considering that RFKjr.'s campaign is just kicking off (and that 14% of dem-com voters already support him right out of the gate)...

... don't you think your prediction is a little premature?

Offline LMAO

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2023, 10:36:01 pm »

... don't you think your prediction is a little premature?

No

Barry Goldwater

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2023, 11:09:44 pm »
Leading in Polls over someone who is not yet running. Imagine that.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2023, 11:14:18 pm »

What we’re trying to do at this point is to keep Congress and governorships from going full Democrat Party

It's a hard pill to swallow but you are exactly right. I'll vote down-ticket like most of you will, but I've pretty much written the hopes of winning the White House off.   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2023, 11:26:39 pm »
You mean the polls that have been wrong for the last few election cycles?

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.