Author Topic: McConnell blasts Democrats' efforts to 'smear and defame' conservative justices  (Read 266 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
McConnell blasts Democrats' efforts to 'smear and defame' conservative justices
by Kaelan Deese, Supreme Court Reporter |
 April 26, 2023 02:32 PM

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) defended Supreme Court Justices Neil Gorsuch and Clarence Thomas by name, adding that they and the rest of the justices exhibit "high ethical standards" amid Democratic scrutiny of the court's ethical standards.

McConnell said that a three-page statement signed by all nine justices vowing to follow "foundational ethics principles and practices," while suggesting there's no need for a formal code of conduct sought by Democrats, is sufficient. That statement was tied to a Tuesday letter from Chief Justice John Roberts, who refused a call by Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL) to testify on court ethics before the Senate Judiciary Committee.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/courts/mcconnell-defends-thomas-gorsuch-amid-democrats-scotus-scrutiny
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I suppose he feels obligated to defend conservatives every now and again whether he wants to or not.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I wonder how much  the RNC had to pay him to get him to do that?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
If a blow to the head makes him come around a little imagine what ten or twelve more could do .  ****slapping ****slapping ****slapping
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
If a blow to the head makes him come around a little imagine what ten or twelve more could do .  ****slapping ****slapping ****slapping
I think that's is what's known as a hard cognitive reset.... :pondering: I wonder if it would work for Joe,  **nononono* probably not to much corrupted data in his hard drive.

Offline libertybele

@bigheadfred   888mouth