Author Topic: Iran seized oil tanker headed for Texas, U.S. Navy says  (Read 150 times)

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Iran seized oil tanker headed for Texas, U.S. Navy says
« on: April 27, 2023, 03:11:40 pm »
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/iran-seized-oil-tanker-us-navy-rcna81739

The U.S. Navy said Iran seized a Marshall Islands-flagged oil tanker in the Gulf of Oman on Thursday amid wider tensions over Tehran’s nuclear program.

The Navy’s Mideast-based 5th Fleet identified the vessel as the Advantage Sweet. Satellite tracking data for the vessel from MarineTraffic.com showed it in the Gulf of Oman just north of Oman’s capital, Muscat, on Thursday afternoon. It had just come from Kuwait and listed its destination as Houston, Texas.

“The oil tanker issued a distress call during the seizure,” the 5th Fleet said. “Iran’s actions are contrary to international law and disruptive to regional security and stability. Iran should immediately release the oil tanker.”

The vessel’s owners could not be immediately reached for comment. Iran did not immediately acknowledge the seizure and Iran’s mission to the United Nations did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Thursday’s seizure by Iran was the latest in a string of hijackings and explosions to roil a region that includes the Strait of Hormuz, the narrow mouth of the Persian Gulf through which a fifth of all traded oil passes.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Iran seized oil tanker headed for Texas, U.S. Navy says
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2023, 03:12:45 pm »
Unseize it president poopy pants.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Iran seized oil tanker headed for Texas, U.S. Navy says
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2023, 03:16:24 pm »
Unseize it president poopy pants.

Gotta get those demolition charges planted first!
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley