Author Topic: Investing in People Is the Real Key to Integrated Deterrence  (Read 167 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Investing in People Is the Real Key to Integrated Deterrence
« on: April 27, 2023, 01:52:43 pm »
Investing in People Is the Real Key to Integrated Deterrence
4/3/2023
By Mark Faulkner   

The United States’ capacity to conduct uncontested operations anywhere in the world has provided it a unique advantage for more than a century. Today however, the United States is adapting to a world in which near-peer competitors are increasingly able to challenge its interests and contest its operations.

In November, the Institute for Defense and Business in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, cohosted a panel alongside the National Defense Industrial Association on the topic of contested logistics. It was a professionally diverse panel, representative of the nation’s approach to integrated deterrence and consisting of individuals from both defense and business.

Alan Estevez, the Department of Commerce undersecretary for industry and security, and Marine Corps Lt. Gen. Steve Sklenka, deputy commander of Indo-Pacific Command, both spoke about the logistics challenges facing the United States and the need for leaders from both the military and industry to think and act faster and integrate more than in the past to succeed in today’s contested security environment.

https://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/articles/2023/4/3/investing-in-people-is-the-real-key-to-integrated-deterrence
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Investing in People Is the Real Key to Integrated Deterrence
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2023, 01:53:38 pm »
Programming people in wokeness is "investing" in them?  I think not. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson