Author Topic: Border Patrol sees rise in migrants using waterways to cross into South Texas  (Read 109 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Border Patrol sees rise in migrants using waterways to cross into South Texas
by: Sandra Sanchez

Posted: Apr 24, 2023 / 06:24 PM CDT

Updated: Apr 24, 2023 / 06:24 PM CDT

SOUTH PADRE ISLAND, Texas (Border Report) — The U.S. Border Patrol and other federal maritime agencies on Monday simulated drowning rescues and smuggling arrests in the deep waters of the Gulf of Mexico, which agents say is an increasingly popular way for migrants to try to cross into the United States.

El Paso to issue migrant state of emergency
Rio Grande Valley Sector Chief Patrol Agent Gloria Chavez said this year’s Border Security Event simulations focused on waterways because that’s how more migrants have been trying to illegally come into South Texas from Mexico.

“We are seeing a high number of people being smuggled through the waterways,” Chavez said after a 30-minute mock exercise held on the southern tip of this resort island just miles from the Mexico border.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/border-patrol-sees-rise-in-migrants-using-waterways-to-cross-into-south-texas/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson