Author Topic: Memo to GOP: The way to 2024 victory is with winner DeSantis — not loser Trump  (Read 2021 times)

Offline Kamaji

Memo to GOP:  The way to 2024 victory is with winner DeSantis — not loser Trump

By Piers Morgan
April 26, 2023

First, a statement of the bleeding obvious: It’s completely bonkers that Joe Biden has announced he’s running again.

Nobody of sound mind, which therefore excludes President Biden, thinks it makes any sense for this increasingly slow, senile, doddering, dopey incumbent to even try to win re-election given that he can barely string a coherent sentence together.

He says he wants to “finish the job,” but I very much doubt he can even remember what job he’s started. And shocking polls show even most Democrats don’t want him running again.

I don’t say any of this with glee.

Biden’s essentially a good, decent man who has overcome a series of devastating personal tragedies to serve his country admirably as a politician for more than 50 years.

But it’s become increasingly painful to watch his embarrassing stumbles and gaffes.

America deserves and urgently needs better than this in such difficult times, and that means a leader bursting with more youthful energy, drive and purpose.

But if there’s one thing even more bonkers than Biden running again, it’s surely Donald Trump running against him again as the Republican nominee.

As Albert Einstein is reputed to have said: “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.”

There was a time when Trump was a political King Kong, swatting away all rivals during his one-man wrecking-ball rampage to the White House in 2016.

But that was seven long years ago.

Now he’s become a political suicide bomber whose only power seems to be blowing up his own party’s chances of winning anything.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/04/26/the-way-to-2024-victory-is-with-desantis-not-trump/

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
I will support whomever emerges within the GOP primary as the strongest opponent to Trump.  But I have to say, I am getting tired of all the insults and bitterness between conservative "brothers" that this race has already embodied. Many will point out that Trump sets this tone, and I won't argue with that. But we are not going to defeat Trump by trying to be more outlandish and boorish than Trump is. He has already demonstrated that he has zero limits when it comes to this sort of thing.

So far RDS has handled all this with dignity and I hope he keeps it up. But some of DeSantis' supporters on Twitter are getting too vitriolic, and it is a turn off.  As almost all of the opponents Trump defeated in 2016 can attest, you can't beat the guy by getting into the pig sty with him.  Once he has you in there he will make sure you come out looking muddier than him.

Offline LMAO

I think any republican nominee in 2024 for president is probably not going to win

I am surprised that Biden is not facing a serious primary challenge. Marianne Williamson, and RFK Junior, are not serious challengers. And it seems like the party is uniting behind him, with Bernie Sanders not challenging the president and telling his supporters to vote for Biden will solidify the unification

It also hardens the leftward shift of the Democrat Party. Unless Biden voluntarily steps down, or has a major health event, Biden will be re elected

Whoever the GOP nominee is in 2024 will be the nominee with a very divided party. You don’t win elections with a divided party. This is why I have long advocated for people like Ron DeSantis to wait until 2028 because, hopefully by then, people will be fed up enough with Democrat dominance
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

I think any republican nominee in 2024 for president is probably not going to win

I am surprised that Biden is not facing a serious primary challenge. Marianne Williamson, and RFK Junior, are not serious challengers. And it seems like the party is uniting behind him, with Bernie Sanders not challenging the president and telling his supporters to vote for Biden will solidify the unification

It also hardens the leftward shift of the Democrat Party. Unless Biden voluntarily steps down, or has a major health event, Biden will be re elected

Whoever the GOP nominee is in 2024 will be the nominee with a very divided party. You don’t win elections with a divided party. This is why I have long advocated for people like Ron DeSantis to wait until 2028 because, hopefully by then, people will be fed up enough with Democrat dominance

Tend to agree.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Biden’s essentially a good, decent man who has overcome a series of devastating personal tragedies to serve his country admirably as a politician for more than 50 years.

Was that written by a ChatGPT program?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Political advice from Piers Morgan???  Thanks, but no thanks!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

Biden also has the advantage of incumbency

We need to make sure that enough Republicans are elected to Congress  in 2024 to act as a restraining device against the obvious leftward shift of the Democrat party

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

Lol….

No kidding.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Kamaji

Biden also has the advantage of incumbency

We need to make sure that enough Republicans are elected to Congress  in 2024 to act as a restraining device against the obvious leftward shift of the Democrat party

:thumbsup:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Say WHAT?

Biden has been a lying,conniving,graft-powered POS his entire freaking life!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online libertybele

:thumbsup:

The left has the advantage of stealing elections down pat.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Say WHAT?

Pete I have to disagree with your post, not because you are wrong but because you left out pedophile and rapist.  :pondering: Side note, pedophile should be stated twice. :laugh:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Pete I have to disagree with your post, not because you are wrong but because you left out pedophile and rapist.  :pondering: Side note, pedophile should be stated twice. :laugh:

@GtHawk
I stand corrected,and thank you for the correction.

Offline Hoodat

That's the point where he lost me, too.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
 999yawn
That's the point where he lost me, too.

:beer:

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor

There is a path to victory for the GOP, even with Trump as the nominee. It depends on the recession getting worse, the war continuing to stall with no end in sight, and Biden's continued decline, all of which seem likely.  It also depends on a low turnout from younger voters and women, which seems less likely given the Dems' ability to muster votes. But it is possible. 

The GOP nominee will need WI, NV, AZ to pull it off. I think PA and MI are unattainable.

Online libertybele

There is a path to victory for the GOP, even with Trump as the nominee. It depends on the recession getting worse, the war continuing to stall with no end in sight, and Biden's continued decline, all of which seem likely.  It also depends on a low turnout from younger voters and women, which seems less likely given the Dems' ability to muster votes. But it is possible. 

The GOP nominee will need WI, NV, AZ to pull it off. I think PA and MI are unattainable.

It's way too early to make any kind of predictions. DeSantis still hasn't announced and we still don't know how the charges against Trump will turn out.  He hypothetically may not be able to run.

IMHO as it stands now, DeSantis running alone would make a very strong candidate; he is conservative and successful.  With both Trump and DeSantis running it will be a repeat of '16 with all the ugly smear tactics coming from Trump and now it looks like Haley realizes that if DeSantis enters, he's going to be the one to beat and she is joining in on the Trump attacks.

Trump may win the nomination but he will lose to the DEMS (again).
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Do you think MI. and PA. are unattainable because the votes aren't there or because the election aparati have been so screwed in those states that NO Republican can win now? @massadvj

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DefiantMassRINO

I'm not letting some toast-boiling foreigner tell me whom to vote for.

DeSantis hasn't won yet.  There are still elections to be had.

All these poltical tough guys are acting like wimps.  Sorry, elites, you still have to step in cow dung in Iowa to become President.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
There is a path to victory for the GOP, even with Trump as the nominee. It depends on the recession getting worse, the war continuing to stall with no end in sight, and Biden's continued decline, all of which seem likely. 
It also depends on a low turnout from younger voters and women, which seems less likely given the Dems' ability to muster votes.
But it is possible. 

@massadvj

You misspelled "create votes out of thin air".

Offline DefiantMassRINO

If the GOP wants to win general elections in 2024, they need to stop making enemies of the electorate.

The culture wars bring in donations from eccentric GOP billionaire donors, but, hating on the voters didn't work for Romney (2012) nor Hillary (2016).

People prefer to elect politicians who don't hold threir voters in contempt.

Elections are popularity contests.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Say WHAT?

My first memory of knowing about Biden was that he was a plagiarist.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
My first memory of knowing about Biden was that he was a plagiarist.

Mine is of him verbally hanging a FOR SALE sign around his neck the day he was elected to the senate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCZ5_XwqchE
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 03:57:15 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DefiantMassRINO

My first memory of Biden in 1987, when he had to drop out of his first attempt to be President after multiple plagiarism scandals.

His 'creepy uncle' reputation preceeded him with the ladies.  No surprise for a Dem Senator who was in the same caucus as Ted Kennedy and Chris Dodd.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 03:50:21 pm by DefiantMassRINO »

Offline Wingnut

I really hadn't heard of him till he claimed O'bummer was an articulate negro