Author Topic: Texas state troopers deployed by Abbott stopped 8,721 human smugglers  (Read 120 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Texas state troopers deployed by Abbott stopped 8,721 human smugglers
by Anna Giaritelli, Homeland Security Reporter |
 April 26, 2023 05:00 AM

Gov. Greg Abbott's (R-TX) decision to surge state troopers to the state's border with Mexico two years ago has resulted in thousands of human smuggling attempts thwarted and a revelation of how many people have slipped past Border Patrol, according to a Washington Examiner investigation.

Texas Highway Patrol officers, known as troopers, made 8,721 traffic stops that involved a vehicle suspected of transporting illegal immigrants from the border deeper into the United States between Jan. 1, 2021, and Dec. 31, 2022, according to data produced through a 2022 public information request of Texas Department of Public Safety records.

During the traffic stops, the state troopers discovered an additional 39,100 illegal immigrants smugglers had attempted to transport from stash houses and fields near the border to cities including Houston and San Antonio. Of that number, roughly 900 were unaccompanied children.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/immigration/texas-state-troopers-abbott-human-smugglers-border-patrol
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson