Author Topic: San Mateo Co. Schedules Vote on Whether to Release Murderers, Rapists, and Child Predators Rather th  (Read 245 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
San Mateo Co. Schedules Vote on Whether to Release Murderers, Rapists, and Child Predators Rather than Transfer them to ICE
April 23, 2023

FAIR Take | April 2023

The San Mateo County Board of Supervisors is currently debating an ordinance that would release convicted murderers, rapists, and child predators rather than transfer them to Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) for deportation.  San Mateo County, California, located just south of San Francisco, is home to approximately 730,000 people.

Under the draft ordinance introduced nearly two weeks ago, county employees, officers, agents and representatives would be prohibited from using County resources, property, personnel, time, labor, or funds to communicate or work with ICE regarding the upcoming release of a criminal alien, regardless of the crime.

The Board of Supervisors agreed to introduce the legislation on a 4-1 vote.  According to ABC 7 news, the only brave supervisor to vote against its introduction was Sup. Mueller, who represents a large portion of the county’s agricultural community.  ”I’m concerned about it, that’s why I’ve taken a stand,” said Sup. Mueller. “When a person, a convicted rapist, child molester, or murderer is released from prison, we will have no ability to work with ICE in order to deport that individual.”

https://www.fairus.org/legislation/state-and-local-legislation/sanctuary-policies/san-mateo-co-schedules-vote-whether
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I'm sure there must be abandoned mines and quarries around San Mateo that these murderers, rapists and pedophiles that would be of internment, er interest to them. Sometimes the old harsh ways like when a PD would drive a POS out of town so that they never returned aren't so bad. When the judicial system and courts won't or can't protect the law abiding public...

Offline Kamaji