Author Topic: New York City Drops Dead for Joe Biden  (Read 104 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New York City Drops Dead for Joe Biden
« on: April 27, 2023, 10:42:04 am »
New York City Drops Dead for Joe Biden
April 25, 2023

Nobel Prize-winning economist Milton Friedman’s famous dictum – “You can’t have free immigration and a welfare state” – is playing out in New York City, which is spending nearly $5 million a day to house and feed thousands of migrants there.

Democrat Mayor Eric Adams claims that the crisis spawned by the Biden administration’s open-border policies has “destroyed” America’s financial capital. City Emergency Management Commissioner Zach Iscol calculates that Gotham taxpayers are shelling out an average of $363 per migrant, every day.

Adams’ complaint that the “national government has turned its back on [us]” echoes 1975 when President Gerald Ford refused to bail out the insolvent city and a Daily News headline screamed: “Ford to New York: Drop Dead.” Ford didn’t actually utter those words, and neither has Biden. But the bottom line is the same: A big-spending municipal government has dug itself into a hole, and it’s still digging.

https://www.fairus.org/blog/2023/04/25/new-york-city-drops-dead-joe-biden
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson