Author Topic: Biden Greatly Expands Program to offer Illegal Immigrants in the U.S. “Temporary” Reprieve border cc  (Read 100 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
APRIL 25, 2023
|
JUDICIAL WATCH
Biden Greatly Expands Program to offer Illegal Immigrants in the U.S. “Temporary” Reprieve
border cc
Besides condoning record-breaking illegal immigration (2.4 million migrants in fiscal year 2022), the Biden administration is quietly protecting hundreds of thousands of foreign nationals who for years have lived in the U.S. illegally by multiplying a program designed to offer temporary reprieve. The provisional amnesty is known as Temporary Protected Status (TPS), a humanitarian measure designed to shield undocumented aliens from deportation during emergencies. It is supposed to be a short-term solution for foreigners that do not quality as refugees but cannot immediately return home because of difficulties caused by factors such as violence, natural disasters, or political and economic instability. TPS, which is typically granted in 18-month increments, not only protects foreign nationals from deportation it also allows them to work in the U.S.

The Obama administration went crazy with TPS, renewing it for tens of thousands of Hondurans and Nicaraguans more than a decade and a half after a hurricane hit the Central American nations, prolonging it for Africans two years after originally issuing it due to Ebola, and repeatedly restoring it for tens of thousands of Haitians years after an earthquake struck the impoverished island. During its two terms the Obama administration never missed an opportunity to offer illegal immigrants reprieve, using inclement weather in the U.S., a virus, natural disasters and tainted water in an American city to extend the perk. Nationals of Yemen have been protected by both Democrats and Republicans, receiving TPS over “ongoing armed conflict” under Obama and two extensions under Trump. It is worth noting that Yemen is a hotbed of terrorism that serves as the headquarters of Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP).

https://www.judicialwatch.org/biden-greatly-expands-program/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson