Author Topic: Fighting China Over Taiwan Could Cripple U.S. Military  (Read 92 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Fighting China Over Taiwan Could Cripple U.S. Military
« on: April 26, 2023, 08:14:10 pm »
Fighting China Over Taiwan Could Cripple U.S. Military

ByDaniel DavisPublished2 hours ago
F-35F-35 stealth fighter. Could Turkey rejoin the program if it gives up the S-400 to Ukraine?

The House Select Committee on the Chinese Communist Party recently became the latest in a long list of groups to conduct a wargame examining a potential U.S.-China conflict over Taiwan.

Yet the most important question about such a conflict is the one none of these organizations ever ask: What is the vital national interest of America that would justify fighting such a war?

Answering that question is of paramount importance. The cost to our country of fighting a war with China, regardless of the reasons, will range somewhere between extraordinarily harmful and catastrophic. The American people and the U.S. Congress must be clear-eyed about this fact: There is no scenario in which the U.S. goes to war with China over Taiwan that does not bring severe military and financial harm with it.

https://www.19fortyfive.com/2023/04/fighting-china-over-taiwan-could-cripple-u-s-military/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Fighting China Over Taiwan Could Cripple U.S. Military
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2023, 08:16:12 pm »
It wouldn't cripple the US military.  Biden and Milley have already done that for China.  It would decimate the military.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson