Author Topic: Lawsuit over Florida migrant relocation program dismissed  (Read 114 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Lawsuit over Florida migrant relocation program dismissed
« on: April 26, 2023, 11:58:46 am »

Lawsuit over Florida migrant relocation program dismissed
by: Tyler Wornell

Posted: Apr 21, 2023 / 12:53 PM CDT

Updated: Apr 21, 2023 / 05:08 PM CDT

(NewsNation) — A group of immigrant advocacy organizations that sued Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis after the state paid to put migrants on a flight to Martha’s Vineyard have voluntarily dropped the lawsuit.

The Florida Immigrant Coalition, Americans for Immigrant Justice and Hope CommUnity Center filed a notice of dismissal Wednesday in federal court in Southern Florida. The notice didn’t detail reasons, but the lawsuit was based on a now-moot part of the Florida state budget.

Judge Kathleen Williams approved the request Thursday and officially closed the case.

The groups sued in December to block Florida’s so-called “relocation” program, arguing it was unconstitutional. The legislature had allocated $12 million in the state budget for the program intended to transport migrants to northern states and cities.

https://fox2now.com/news/national/lawsuit-over-florida-migrant-relocation-program-dismissed/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson