Author Topic: Roberts declines Senate invitation to testify on Supreme Court ethics  (Read 671 times)

Offline corbe

Roberts declines Senate invitation to testify on Supreme Court ethics

BY ALEXANDER BOLTON AND ZACH SCHONFELD - 04/25/23 7:13 PM ET

Chief Justice John Roberts has declined an invitation to testify before the Senate about the Supreme Court’s ethical standards, Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) said Tuesday. 

In a letter responding to Durbin, Roberts wrote “I must respectfully decline your invitation” and noted a sitting chief justice has testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee on only two occasions in the past 102 years.   

“Testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee by the Chief Justice of the United States is exceedingly rare, as one might expect in light of separation of powers concerns and the importance of preserving judicial independence,” Roberts wrote. 

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3971651-roberts-declines-senate-invitation-to-testify-on-supreme-court-ethics/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Good for him...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Kamaji

Good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Excellent.  Pound sand Turbin Durbin.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Well DICK maybe you should issue a subpoena so that the SCOTUS can quash it.
The Republic is lost.

Offline LMAO

How about Durbin testifies before the USSC on the Senate ethics?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Dust Bin Durbin is a 3rd rate hack.  Illinois really knows how to picke 'em.  :thud:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Turban Durbin and ethics :pondering: wasn't there a dick Durbin that lobbied the IRS to investigate(punish) conservative groups? And wasn't there a dick, er, guy named Durbin that had some controversy in the past about releasing classified information?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Roberts declines Senate invitation to testify on Supreme Court ethics

BY ALEXANDER BOLTON AND ZACH SCHONFELD - 04/25/23 7:13 PM ET

Chief Justice John Roberts has declined an invitation to testify before the Senate about the Supreme Court’s ethical standards, Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) said Tuesday. 

In a letter responding to Durbin, Roberts wrote “I must respectfully decline your invitation” and noted a sitting chief justice has testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee on only two occasions in the past 102 years.   

“Testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee by the Chief Justice of the United States is exceedingly rare, as one might expect in light of separation of powers concerns and the importance of preserving judicial independence,” Roberts wrote. 

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3971651-roberts-declines-senate-invitation-to-testify-on-supreme-court-ethics/

@corbe

In other words,the US Supreme Court refuses to come under the control of the left,and to remain an independent organization.

There is NOTHING  in  this world the left hates more than someone or some organization that  isn't under their thumbs.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
How about Durbin testifies before the USSC on the Senate ethics?

@LMAO

WHAT ethics?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Chief Justice John Roberts Tells Democrats to Pound Sand, Declines to Testify at Senate’s Supreme Court Ethics Hearing
David HawkinsApril 26, 2023 - 10:02 am6 Comments

U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts has told Democrat senators to pound sand and declined an invitation to testify at a congressional hearing on ethics rules for members of the SCOTUS.

Roberts overruled Democrat Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL) and said if he came it would pose a threat to judicial independence.

Roberts wrote: “Testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee by the Chief Justice of the United States is exceedingly rare, as one might expect in light of separation of powers concerns and the importance of preserving judicial independence.”

Durbin said, “I am surprised that the Chief Justice’s recounting of existing legal standards of ethics suggests current law is adequate and ignores the obvious.

https://slaynews.com/news/chief-justice-john-roberts-tells-dems-to-pound-sand-declines-to-testify-at-senates-supreme-court-ethics-hearing/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Distillation: 

Roberts:  Eff off, Separation of Powers.

Turban:  Chicken!  Bawk, bawk!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: