Author Topic: Sanders forgoes 2024 bid, endorses Biden  (Read 453 times)

Offline corbe

Sanders forgoes 2024 bid, endorses Biden
« on: April 25, 2023, 09:33:36 pm »
Sanders forgoes 2024 bid, endorses Biden

BY AL WEAVER - 04/25/23 4:44 PM ET

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) said Tuesday that he is supporting President Biden’s reelection in 2024 and is foregoing a third presidential bid himself.

Sanders, who finished second to Biden in 2020 for the Democratic presidential nomination, made the announcement hours after Biden announced his bid for a second White House term. He also discouraged any progressive politician or individual from challenging the incumbent president and to train their focus on defeating former President Trump or another eventual GOP nominee.

“The last thing this country needs is a Donald Trump or some other right-wing demagogue who is going to try to undermine American democracy or take away a woman’s right to choose, or not address the crisis of gun violence, or racism, sexism or homophobia,” Sanders told The Associated Press in an interview. “So, I’m in to do what I can to make sure that the president is reelected.”

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3971294-sanders-2024-bid-biden/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Re: Sanders forgoes 2024 bid, endorses Biden
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2023, 09:34:47 pm »
   Newsome got the same memo hours ago.  Maybe the Property Taxes are eating him up and decided against another dacha.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2023, 09:38:51 pm »
Finally at 81 years old Bernie decides he's not going to run for president again.  No worries he'll be there to help his 80 year old friend Brandon across the finish line.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2023, 10:07:25 pm »
It looks like the Democrats are going to go into 2024 united

Very bad news for the GOP.

Trump may have believed he’ll offset the loss of conservative voters in 2024 with the 12% of Bernie Voters he got in 2016. Not happening. And MAGAs are passionate but a minority

« Last Edit: April 25, 2023, 10:24:29 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2023, 10:30:40 pm »
It looks like the Democrats are going to go into 2024 united

Very bad news for the GOP.

Bad news?? What difference does it make?  They aren't debating.  So, how can any Republican or Democrat pull ahead of Trump or Brandon?  Basically, they will have no opposition.

Whoever has the most $$ can afford to launch the most TV and radio campaign ads will be the nominee.  :shrug:

It's going to be another showdown between Brandon and Trump and the outcome will be no different.  Not a darn thing has changed!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2023, 10:37:35 pm »

It's going to be another showdown between Brandon and Trump and the outcome will be no different.  Not a darn thing has changed!!

It is what it is. We are going to see a leftward shift continue for the next several years. But it will change at some point
« Last Edit: April 25, 2023, 10:38:47 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2023, 01:40:54 am »
I thought that Brandon would have some serious primary challengers but it looks like that is not happening. RFK jr was never gonna seriously go anywhere.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2023, 01:49:14 am »
Two 80 plus year olds wanting to lead the woke.  How stupid are anyone under 30. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2023, 10:05:16 am »
This might explain Trump’s rejection of doing anything about the entitlement time bomb and why he’s promising more spending along with claiming that conservative policies in Florida are failing Florida. He might be trying to pull in Bernie Sanders voters. He will not get them, especially with Sanders not attempting any kind of primary challenge and tell his supporters to support Joe Biden

Polls have consistently shown that people don’t want  Biden or Trump to be the candidates in 2024 but it looks like they’re going to get them anyways
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 10:10:49 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater