Author Topic: ‘NO!’ Trump Signals He Will Refuse to Partake in Republican Debates:  (Read 6365 times)

Online Hoodat

More likely Trump is afraid to debate DeSantis should he decide to run.

DING DING DING !!!
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Vote downticket for the other offices.
I'm in Californication, so if Trump is the nominee voting for him or not voting for him won't make a damn difference........BUT if I don't, you just know that certain parties will claim I voted for Brandon if I just vote down ticket which is exactly what I will do.

Offline kevindavis007

Trump will probably take the same states he did in 2020

And, despite his false claims of Florida being a hellhole under conservative policies, Florida will still vote for him

I don't think he will take NC and he will win TX in a small margin of victory.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

Trump making his statement why he refuses to debate

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/A5jHo_I6hog
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 01:34:27 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Another tactical gaffe on his part.  One of many so far.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline corbe

His argument means he can't say $hit about bidet refusing to debate him.  They are both cowards.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
  His argument means he can't say $hit about bidet refusing to debate him.  They are both cowards.

Yeah at this point he's no better than Biden in that aspect.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

I responded to a specific supposition made by a poster.

If you're going to constantly jump in wearing your "I'm the smartest one in the room" cape, at least improve your reading comprehension skills.
I really doubt any two of us are sitting in the same room, so make of that what you will  :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Another tactical gaffe on his part.  One of many so far.
I'm seeing a lot of unforced errors.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I really doubt any two of us are sitting in the same room, so make of that what you will  :shrug:
How in the heck would you ever get to wear your "I'm the smartest one in the room" cape when Trump is always using it?, asking for a friend :whistle:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I'm seeing a lot of unforced errors.

Just picking up where he left off in the 2020 campaign

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Yeah at this point he's no better than Biden in that aspect.

Pray tell me that these two old buffoons aren’t the brightest and best this nation has to offer. There just has to be a better choice.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline kevindavis007

Pray tell me that these two old buffoons aren’t the brightest and best this nation has to offer. There just has to be a better choice.

Sadly there is, but today's America prefers style over substance.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

They aren't. But until political parties break the "next up" and incumbent mindset were stuck with not the best of the options and the best and brightest get pushed to the back of the bus.

Offline libertybele

Of course there is but without debates or little opposition IMHO the choices have already been made for us.  Buffoon Trump and Buffoon Brandon.

What better way to continue the unrest in this country, which is exactly what they want?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline NavyCanDo

Good point. Not the first time an incumbent chose not to debate. The last was LBJ.   I can see Biden doing the same. And Trump will call him out as a coward.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline corbe

I have the hope and exuberance of a 79 Reagan worker on some days.  WE can dispose of this silliness (populist) and get down to real business with the election of DeSantis and his Conservative buddies.

Offline NavyCanDo

Interesting.  Should DeSantis decide to run Trump has already made it clear that there will be no debates.  IMHO he is afraid to debate DeSantis.

I don't think it's so much he's afraid of debate but instead he convinced his narcissistic self that he don't have to. Everybody loves him. We'll see how that goes if DeSantis announces and his polls climb.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline libertybele

I don't think it's so much he's afraid of debate but instead he convinced his narcissistic self that he don't have to. Everybody loves him. We'll see how that goes if DeSantis announces and his polls climb.

:yowsa:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump
:yowsa:

its a given ..when the donny notes that hes not THE MAN...his implosion will ramp up ... and come to a sad conclusion.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I'm pretty sure Trump just views primary debates as a chance to give the other candidates free publicity, and why should he do that?  He figures he's entitled to the nomination and leading anyway.

The problem for Trump is that those debates are going to proceed anyway, and a lot of GOP voters are going to watch them.  The other candidates likely will take a lot of shots at him, and he won't be there to answer.  So they're going to get that free publicity one way or the other.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I'm pretty sure Trump just views primary debates as a chance to give the other candidates free publicity, and why should he do that?  He figures he's entitled to the nomination and leading anyway.

The problem for Trump is that those debates are going to proceed anyway, and a lot of GOP voters are going to watch them.  The other candidates likely will take a lot of shots at him, and he won't be there to answer.  So they're going to get that free publicity one way or the other.

You make a good point.  It will drive Trump crazy to watch from the sidelines, and take punches. I think he will change his mind  if his handlers think he will lose poll margin.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline ScottinVA

Then the other GOP candidates should have their debate and include an empty highchair for Trump.