Author Topic: Fox News 'Is Dead,' and Tucker Carlson Is Already Living Large With a Job Offer  (Read 405 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fox News 'Is Dead,' and Tucker Carlson Is Already Living Large With a Job Offer
By Victoria Taft 9:35 AM on April 25, 2023

Fox News “is dead,” and Tucker Carlson already has his first job offer. It came within hours of the shocking announcement that he and Rupert Murdoch’s Fox Corporation were “parting ways.” Who took the biggest hit? It looks like Fox News has.

Though PJ Media suspected Carlson was in some hot water with the corporate suits and the board at Fox News over his January 6 coverage, which ended almost as soon as it started, the news that he was leaving hit with the force of an asteroid in cable news circles.

excerpt:

Carlson is expected to land on his feet. Former Fox News talent Megyn Kelly told her podcast audience on Monday that Carlson could look forward to “blue, blue skies ahead,” adding, “He’s got a bright future. A more joyous, brighter, and more lucrative future.”

Her guest, former Fox News talent Glenn Beck, who knows all about starting his own digital information fortress, agreed that Carlson would be much happier out on his own. In fact, he said he’d been planning for Carlson’s ouster at Fox News and had prepared a job offer for him.

We’ve been preparing an offer for him for a few days just to be ready in case. It’s looked dicey for a while. We hope to present him an offer at The Blaze. He wouldn’t miss a step. He’d just take it and go. I mean, I think Tucker will do very very well for himself.

Both Kelly and Beck speculated on why Carlson was out. Both thought the January 6 recordings the former Fox News host had access to were a sore point with the network.

Beck said, “He [Carlson] was alone at Fox with the videos. Did you notice at Fox the news department never did play any of those videos?”

Kelly agreed. “They didn’t support him at all. They buried their own exclusive.”

Beck asked incredulously, “That’s not news? Why would you not cover that? That’s not news? I think Fox is in trouble. In real, real trouble.”

And Beck said there was more in the atmosphere than that.

more
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/victoria-taft/2023/04/25/fox-news-is-dead-and-tucker-carlson-is-already-living-large-with-a-job-offer-n1690059
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
End of the day, cable is dead. Fewer and fewer are going to watch is as time goes along. The future and the younger generations will be the internet.

May be the best thing for Tucker.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

meh  I didn't watch Carlson.  I saw a few clips here and there, but I think the future of Carlson is the least of conservatives worries.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online berdie

meh  I didn't watch Carlson.  I saw a few clips here and there, but I think the future of Carlson is the least of conservatives worries.

Agree on all counts. I can't say I've seen one show of TC. That has less to do with him and more to do with me turning off the news after local coverage. I have seen clips, on here mainly.

I don't think the guy is going to starve. And I do think that Fox may have had a Bud moment. But I'll be interested to see who did the "dumping". Tucker or Fox?