Author Topic: White House Warns of Biden Veto if Congress Restores Solar Panel Tariffs Targeting China  (Read 194 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
White House Warns of Biden Veto if Congress Restores Solar Panel Tariffs Targeting China

By Nathan Worcester
April 24, 2023Updated: April 24, 2023

President Joe Biden is set to veto a joint resolution targeting his solar panel rule, which temporarily protects some Chinese-made equipment from tariffs, according to the White House.

“This rule is necessary to satisfy the demand for reliable and clean energy while ensuring Commerce is able to rigorously enforce U.S. trade laws, hold trading partners accountable, and defend U.S. industries and workers from unfair trade actions,” an April 24 White House statement reads.

“[The House measure] would undermine these efforts and create deep uncertainty for jobs and investments in the solar supply chain and the solar installation market.”

https://www.theepochtimes.com/white-house-warns-of-biden-veto-if-congress-restores-solar-panel-tariffs-targeting-china_5217554.html?utm_source=partner&utm_campaign=BonginoReport
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Restore them anyway.

Then let him veto it.