Author Topic: ‘Lead, Follow, or Get out of the Way’–We Really Did Live That Way.  (Read 82 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Lead, Follow, or Get out of the Way’–We Really Did Live That Way.
APRIL 18, 2023| DAN WOODWARD

Editor’s note: This is Part I of a two-part story. Read Part II here.

IMPACT minus 2 hours and 1 minute
You could always identify the schedulers. They were the ones who ran from room to room attempting to fill flight sorties when instructor pilots had canceled for some reason or another. That morning was no different.

“Hey, Dan,” Tom said with a mix of hope and pleading in his voice, standing square in front of my desk waving a binder to emphasize the importance of the moment. “Could you help me fill a four-ship? The brief is in 27 minutes. My guest help just dropped.”

I looked up from my desk where I was completing paperwork from a student check ride.

I liked Tom. Like almost everybody in the squadron, he was about 25 years old, lean, and newly married, with a lifetime of great dreams ahead of him. His hair was dark brown, accentuating dark brown eyes, an ever-present five o’clock shadow, and smooth olive skin.

https://thewarhorse.org/air-force-veteran-lives-for-brothers-he-lost-in-accident/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson