Author Topic: Cooking the Border Books  (Read 102 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Cooking the Border Books
« on: April 25, 2023, 11:56:18 am »
Cooking the Border Books
Just in March, probably 60,000 illegals were released who should have been detained, though the real total is hidden

By Andrew R. Arthur on April 25, 2023
The Biden administration has released at least 2,020,522 Southwest Border migrants, based on the information publicly available. Now you can add to that total an additional 25,470 illegal entrants who were apprehended in March at the U.S.-Mexico line who we know were set free into the United States — though the real total likely tens of thousands more, as the administration cooks the books to hide its ongoing migrant disaster.

“Custody and Transfer Statistics FY2023”. That latest release figure comes from a CBP press release captioned “Custody and Transfer Statistics FY2023”, which is essentially a rolling tally of migrants either removed, transferred from that agency’s custody to another agency, or released onto the streets.

The figure itself is the sum of the 25,463 illegal entrants agents apprehended last month by Border Patrol released on their own recognizance (OR) with a Notice to Appear (“NTA”, the charging document in removal proceedings, collectively known as “NTA/OR”) plus the seven apprehended migrants “paroled” by agents into the United States and released on alternatives to detention (ATD, collectively called “Parole+ATD”).

Anyone familiar with the Biden administration’s egregious abuse of its limited border release authority may think that the “Parole+ATD” figure is a typo, given that in November more than 90,000 illegal migrants were released under that legally dubious policy.

https://cis.org/Arthur/Cooking-Border-Books
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson